By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why is the X360 so popular in the USA/NA?

USA is NA, here in canada the PS3/Wii are most popular.

Around the Network

Guys, if it was only because it has the better games, it would lead on every territory.

So... It's probably that the games appeal more to north americans... We're trying here to guess why.
I've seen comments saying it's because games are about guns, and muscles and world in flames... You guys are just frightening...

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

America buy all the consoles

They have plenty of money*, that is all.

Since Xbox360 is also a good console, sales make sense.

(I should have said *borrow plenty of money)

Time to Work !

BeTa77 said:
USA is NA, here in canada the PS3/Wii are most popular.

man stop lying, everyone has a 360 here

Games and guns, as Halogamer said. About the UK - for the most part, we share a fairly similar sort of culture, more so than other EU countries to the US, perhaps that's a reason.

Around the Network

I think Kotaku did a little chart showing the ammount of games and I think action adventure and sports are both very much ahead of Shooters.

As people said before, most of the world outside the US - to be brutally honest - thought the original Xbox was unimpressive. People either bought it for Halo or to mod it for media capabilities. In Japan, they are finally turning the image around from being the big American Sports / Shooter / Racer console.

PS3 also has a sleeker design, quieter, and more reliable. Yes, I do own the 360. All I have to say is look at preferences for cars between America and EU/JP.

You can't deny it, but Halo pretty much represents right wing American values to the maximum.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

starcraft said:
The largest collection of good games.

This

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Euphoria14 said:
Soulja Boy says "Who the fuck plays PS3? 360 got all the good games."

That is why.

This is exactly why. You'd know if you lived here, lol.

Also, we're american, our stuff breaks, we buy new stuff. We like shootin' and killin', and I'll be GD if some little pansy racing game is gonna be played on my console, unless that game has Mario in it, or is Nascar.

Honestly, I think the 360 is a great console. I think without RRoD it would be in the lead(Over PS3 not Wii) everywhere, so I guess that RRoD matters less to us because it's pretty quick and easy to get our consoles replaced?

Yup, and if anyone disagrees we "supasoak dat ho".

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Two words: SHOOTAN GAEMS

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.