By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why is the X360 so popular in the USA/NA?

Everstar said:
Xen said:
Everstar said:
oliminator1994 said:
i call it inpatience

Why should we have to wait for good games to come out on the PS3 when the 360 has a ton of them already?

And the PS3 doesn't? it's all opinions.

It didt you can agree with me on that and it still hasnt it caught up 2 them in AAA games and my never well lol

It will. Every big game that Sony has announced has a shot at that. R2, MS2, GoW 3, LBP (probably AAA already), GT5, KZ2 (I don't think it will, but maybe..). The Sony 1st party has been working really hard, and will only work harder from now on.

And how do you judge your library? by the number of AAA games? then I guess you prefer the PC and PS2 libraries to all. I judge mine by appeal to me.

Around the Network
Xen said:
Everstar said:
Xen said:
Everstar said:
oliminator1994 said:
i call it inpatience

Why should we have to wait for good games to come out on the PS3 when the 360 has a ton of them already?

And the PS3 doesn't? it's all opinions.

It didt you can agree with me on that and it still hasnt it caught up 2 them in AAA games and my never well lol

It will. Every big game that Sony has announced has a shot at that. R2, MS2, GoW 3, LBP (probably AAA already), GT5, KZ2 (I don't think it will, but maybe..). The Sony 1st party has been working really hard, and will only work harder from now on.

And how do you judge your library? by the number of AAA games? then I guess you prefer the PC and PS2 libraries to all. I judge mine by appeal to me.

I love the PS2 are you kidding me haha but we are talking about this gen not last and I do go by how the games appeal to me and 360 appeals to me becuase it has a ton of great games and the list just keeps on growing =)

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

forevercloud3000 said:
The 360 is more popular in the US only for several reasons...
-It came out first
-It is home made and their is a certain level of patriotism. Kind of like Japan with the PS3 and Wii.
-The 360 is cheaper(from the untrained eye), americans are known for being impulse buyers who don't fully think out a purchase before doing it.
-US is in recession(great depression returns). The PS3 is a little out of range for most people even if it is the technical "better buy".
-Crazy amount of MS hype for their system in US as well as crazy amount of MS anti hype for PS3(lol did I say that out loud? oops!).Come on, Why the hell are so many sites rambling on about nxt generation of consoles like the PS4, and 720? Because that was when the PS3 was doing very well so MS issued these sites to start talking as if this gen was over already.I see these allegations all stopped once the 360 gained lead again in monthly sales for the first time since last year. And MS has the biggest american retailers in their back pocket. I work at GStop So I "KNOW"! I have watched a manager blantenly lie to a customer and tell them the PS3 breaks more then the 360s! Pbbbbffffttt!

It did come out first. I am not certain "patriotism" has anything to do with it.

The 360 is also as expensive as the PS3, and it has only had a significantly cheaper SKU for a month now. What about the previous two years when the 360's sales were equal to or  more than the PS3's sales?

I am not going to refute the last point. I will say that I find it dubious, but I cannot prove that it is false.

I will continue to maintain that Halo is what made the first Xbox popular, and then the popularity for the Xbox brand snowballed from there. Master Chief is responsible for the Xbox's and the 360's popularity.

Everstar said:
Millennium said:
Two words: SHOOTAN GAEMS

And the PS3 dosent have a lot of those 2?

Yeah but I think shooter fans rather buy an Xbox 360 than an PS3?

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

Bill Gates put an encripted subliminal message into Windows XP, making all american pc users want to purchase xbox360s. but the encription was in english which is why it only affected the US and UK. the japs and europeans were left unaffected due to the language barrier and judged for themselves. (it sounds crazy but its true)

actually the 360 being more popular in na started with the original xbox....

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Maybe americans just love their shooters and 99% of Xbox360 AAA games consist of someone with a gun? Maybe americans love their american products? Who knows, but i think its all on people's opinion.

The Xbox was already popular in NA, so when its successor released, the sales weren't bad. Being the only next-gen system out probably offset the fact that it wasn't released with a big game. Still, due to lack of games it tracked slightly under the original Xbox.

Fast forward to the PS3 launch - it was a disaster. Bad shortages, pricing, and few games to play. On the other hand, the X360 already had over 3 million sold, more than half of what the PS3 has now. The established userbase does help, as friends want to be able to play online with each other (word of mouth helps as well). RRoD probably affected America as much as it did everywhere else - people will just tolerate it if they must. If the PS3 had an RRoD equivalent, I bet it'd still handily outsell the 360 in EU/Jap.

More importantly, the PS3 was met with the launch of Gears of War - this game absolutely destroyed the PS3. It kept 360 sales far above the PS3, and the PS3 had nothing of its own to answer back. The 360 just continued to pile on more games that appeal to NA than the PS3 ever did. In NA, Halo 3 actually outsells the top 5 PS3 exclusives (Motorstorm, MGS4, Resistance, Uncharted, R&C) COMBINED. The best selling Sony franchises in NA - SOCOM, God of War, Gran Turismo, are nowhere to be found.

IMO, the HD war in America was finished before it started - Sony had too little support for its own system. They probably couldn't afford it due to the system's outrageous costs.. Thanks to the slow start, the 360 will never let the PS3 see the light in NA. It has picked up far too much momentum, and most people will not buy both HD consoles, especially now that the economy is looking bad. I just wonder how much worse it may have been if more games (FF13) were announced multiplatform earlier.

games are target for the americans, low price, they buy hip things not matter if they are not as high quality as japanese counterparts.

look at cars.
honda toyota ford GM=chevrolet
Civic > Corolla > Focus > Optra.
but overall americans cars sell better.
europeans and japanese are smart people.