By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why is the X360 so popular in the USA/NA?

Personally I would go with that NA gamers are more into shooters something that the Xbox was popular for and also the X360.  What are the best selling games on X360?  GEOW? Halo3? and COD 4? Would explain why both the xbox and X360 have 60% of the WW sales in NA/USA.  And I guess that even PS3 shooters sell more in the USA/NA than in Europe ^^''.

Around the Network
Garnett said:
I personally got a 360 cause i liked the Xbox 1 far more than the PS2.

Same here...I was a PC gamer, and xbox really got me interested in console gaming.  KOTOR kinda sealed it for me, and while PS2 had alot of cool stuff, and I wanted to go PS2 with GTA...I knew it was timed, and so I jsut waited, as I had PC stuff anyway to occupy my time.  With 360 early launch, lower price, and XBL, it became a snap.  If you look at M$ attach rate, that's a CLEAR sign to the strong hardcore gamer pull...M$ appeased gamers first, then looked to go consumer, whereas sony tried to put out some family entertianment center...based on a competed format...and it lost market share in a HUGE way.  Wii came ont othe market later than the 360, and has zoomed right by it...they PS3 is still laggin...with prosperity right around the corner, and chicken in every pot...lol.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Euphoria14 said:
Soulja Boy says "Who the fuck plays PS3? 360 got all the good games."

That is why.

This is exactly why. You'd know if you lived here, lol.

Also, we're american, our stuff breaks, we buy new stuff. We like shootin' and killin', and I'll be GD if some little pansy racing game is gonna be played on my console, unless that game has Mario in it, or is Nascar.

Honestly, I think the 360 is a great console. I think without RRoD it would be in the lead(Over PS3 not Wii) everywhere, so I guess that RRoD matters less to us because it's pretty quick and easy to get our consoles replaced?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Euphoria14 said:
Soulja Boy says "Who the fuck plays PS3? 360 got all the good games."

That is why.

This is exactly why. You'd know if you lived here, lol.

Also, we're american, our stuff breaks, we buy new stuff. We like shootin' and killin', and I'll be GD if some little pansy racing game is gonna be played on my console, unless that game has Mario in it, or is Nascar.

Honestly, I think the 360 is a great console. I think without RRoD it would be in the lead(Over PS3 not Wii) everywhere, so I guess that RRoD matters less to us because it's pretty quick and easy to get our consoles replaced?

U are right I didn't buy 360 because if RRoD, that shit scares me .

F.U. Fun University.

BUY AMERICAN...god knows we need it!....lol!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

Hmmm but PS One and PS2 break easily aswell =/.

konnichiwa said:
Hmmm but PS One and PS2 break easily aswell =/.

that's true too, but paying for fixing it was worthy, PS2 was if not the best one of the best consoles ever. with many epic games.

F.U. Fun University.

Best game lineup and affordable price, also Microsoft is a good brand name in America.

The largest collection of good games.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

konnichiwa said:
TheTruthHurts! said:
We Americans,....cough....I mean I especially am an impulse buyer, and am extremely impatient. 360 came out first, so I "jumped in". I honestly, wanted to get the PS3 but it was a year away. So I picked up the 360.

When the PS3 finally rolled around I was like "YES, I will sell my 360 and get the PS3". But priced at $599, with little or no games, I was like "holy crap, come on Sony, what the hell is this?". I waited, and waited, and 360 just kept getting better and better, with Live, and more and more games. It started making me feel similar to being a PS2 owner with the library options for current Gen games. Then 360 started getting all the previous games turned multi-plat......now your talking!

So in the beginning it was a matter of not wanting to wait. In the end.....It is the best decision I have made this Gen. PS3 is a great system, but to me, it is several steps behind the 360.....just like it was from the start.

=p  I did the same and for the same resaon.

@SHMUPGurus  Zidane <3.

I love the 360, and bought it because (in addition to being out early) it was a whole new generation. It wow'ed me way more than the PS3 ever did, because it was the newest and best thing after the PS2. It was such a difference in graphics and it was amazing.  The PS3 just played catch up, it seemed.

But for the past 6 months the PS3 really is the more attractive option, for every reason that you think the 360 is.

You have to pay more attention to the PS3. The specifics are there, and post halo.. So are the BEST games.

I only show such a one sided opinion because I share almost all of your story about the 360, but I also own the PS3.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.