By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

@psrock

Hell yeah Sony would have won this gen if there were not mistakes made, on brand alone.

@DOATS1

and

@Blackstar

Yep, I said brand isn't everything or even necessarily very important after early adopters, at least twice in my wall of text, lol. At one time is was much more important, but that was before the internet and aggregate opinion. In our age, every consumer gets a megaphone.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

@zen:lol , ok

all i wanna see now is the next MS financial report
if they lose more money then i think they will continue supporting the 360 for a longer period than planned which will give sony some extra time to recover
360 has a good marketshare and it's selling well , it would not make any sense to me if they release the 720 soon and not giving the 360 the time needed to gain profits

i think the people in europe have made it clear that they dont really like xbox too much! at this rate the 360 next year will be selling 20k a week in others!! man i just cant wait to see the effect of a ps3 price drop! even £30 would be enough to pull it to 100k in others

GTAIV08 said:
i think the people in europe have made it clear that they dont really like xbox too much! at this rate the 360 next year will be selling 20k a week in others!! man i just cant wait to see the effect of a ps3 price drop! even £30 would be enough to pull it to 100k in others

It was selling 20-30k a week last year in others. It more than doubled that average for this year. I think the people in Europe have made it clear that they like the 360 but not quite as much as the PS3

Can't say it wasn't expected.

These price cuts are the end of the 360 in Europe and Japan. The price is so low now that any further price cuts will do little to spur sales in these territories. Once the spike dies down fully, the 360 will be stuck selling sub-50k a week in Europe for the rest of the generation, and in Japan it will be sub-5k, aside from a small spike due to the Last Remnant, and a much larger spike from Star Ocean 4.

North America is the only territory in which price cuts might still be effective for the 360. Compare this to the ps3, which is still very expensive in all regions, and has plenty to gain from future price cuts.

People proclaiming doom and gloom for the ps3 after the 360's recent price cuts were rather short sighted.

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:

These price cuts are the end of the 360 in Europe and Japan. The price is so low now that any further price cuts will do little to spur sales in these territories. Once the spike dies down fully, the 360 will be stuck selling sub-50k a week in Europe for the rest of the generation, and in Japan it will be sub-5k, aside from a small spike due to the Last Remnant, and a much larger spike from Star Ocean 4.

North America is the only territory in which price cuts might still be effective for the 360. Compare this to the ps3, which is still very expensive in all regions, and has plenty to gain from future price cuts.

People proclaiming doom and gloom for the ps3 after the 360's recent price cuts were rather short sighted.

they should have dropped the arcade model lonmg time ago. they can still do this the lower the amount on the pro and elite... that may help.

makingmusic476 said:

Too much win in this post.

I have been saying this forever. 

These price cuts are 360's last stand in EU and JP.

Yeah I wanted to say what Lol Mature said...They can still drop the arcade and give the other Sku's a pricedrop.

darthdevidem01 said:
just imagine a PS3 price cut in EU

Because at this point a PS3 price cut is just in your imagination.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

konnichiwa said:
Yeah I wanted to say what Lol Mature said...They can still drop the arcade and give the other Sku's a pricedrop.

i strongly disagree. any further price cuts won't do the 360 anymore good in my opinion.