By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
DMeisterJ said:
360 keeps on dropping, like I predicted.

:S

If it falls back to the 50k range, what will MS do next?

Next week, it's back to PS3 > 360 this week in others, and this week will be PS3 > 360 in Japan. America, again, is 360s last stronghold.

The price cuts in EU and JP are of virtually no effect. MS cannot be happy at the money wasted at the lower price point. They could have kept the price the same and been losing in EU and JP... lulz.

Yep, and who knows how long that will last with NPD adjustments coming shortly.

Around the Network

DS return to beast numer and Wii is very high =)

reggie2 said:
LBPBeta said:
So when is the 360's next price cut? Next week? Whats it going down to, £50?

Mid next year when the Valhalla chipset arrives(CPU and GPU on 1 chip) will see MS biggest price cut and I really would like to see the min(arcade) model at £50 especially as it will probably be the slim line model and expect the PS3 to be around £99 at that time to as they also miniaturise their chipsets and we are now seeing dedicated Blu ray player prices falling and of course you can now get an all in One HD-dvd and Blu ray player for £65 for your PC.

The UK is the biggest market outside the USA so it is there that the sales are judged just like the USA is judged on and not Canada etc..

Good joke :).

with lbp coming out next week, i have some serious doubts about the 360 retaining it's weekly lead over the ps3. oh how i love competition.

The new PSP must be hack proof...

Around the Network

PSP3000 broke street day release I've read on some sites. Is that true? Maybe that explains the high numbers.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
PSP3000 broke street day release I've read on some sites. Is that true? Maybe that explains the high numbers.

You or someone else may correct me but I thought the PSP 3000 is not released yet in Europe.

DOATS1 said:
with lbp coming out next week, i have some serious doubts about the 360 retaining it's weekly lead over the ps3. oh how i love competition.

And of course Fable 2 is also out so let's just wait and see, then Gears 2, Xbox Live Experience, resistance 2, etc oh dear

Hang on a minute !, instead of all this spin, let's wait until the Christmas sales are over and see how things shape up because this is just getting childish.
November game releases will show who shifts the most consoles from the big game releases and December consoles for Christmas presents.

Though the Wii has already won before it even starts even though I don't think they have any big games for November do they ?.

1 year head start, all these high reviewed scored games, xbox live, 3 huge price cuts, largest game library- taking past PS exclusives...

PS3 with I think only one official price cut and is mostly the opposite of xbox (more expensive, low library of games, not a huge online service, etc.) is just about 400k away sales wise to the xbox.

You gotta admit PS3 is just doing way better then xbox (2x as better considering the 1 year head start) and Wii is just destroying the xbox by millions. Maybe fail is too much of a definitive statement but xbox is doing bad, not horrible but that is due to the growth of gaming.

Skeeuk said:
360 % going down in japan and eu and na.

i wonder how weekly sales will pan out in a few weeks time?

if ps3 still tracks similar to 360 or mabey just under 360 then that will be very worrying for microsoft, as they had no choice to price cut.

without price cut 360 would be very lagging behind.

a gamers choice is the ps3, whilst the 360 is a more impulse buy

I disagree with that, I'm a gamer, and I'd rather have a 360. :P I just like the games more.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.