By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Fable 2 flop as well?

kingofwale said:
it really depends. if Fable 2 can achieve a 83% above in GameRankings

and 8.5 from IGN, I don't think it will flop.

now, if it gets 7.9 from IGN... it will be ugly.

I'd give it that. I have to admit, I'm expecting at least an 8 from IGN, lol. I'm still getting the game no matter what, mind you, but a 7.9 from IGN would bring ownage to a lot of fanboys(not meaning the game is bad, mind you, but instead that it isn't considered a critical success). That, with the exception that other review sites agree. If it somehow gets a 7.9 from ign, with an 85+ aggregate review(unlikely) then IGN will have under-rated the game, where they usually over-rate, and marginalized their own review.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
fable 2 will sell very well, i would say lifetime sales around 4 million+ and a average review score of 94%.

I'd say if you're right about one, you're right about the other, but I have my doubts that the game will score that high, or sell that well. It would be a nice surprise though.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I think Fable 2 could put huge numbers too ...

But i don't have any clues about the reviews it will get ... I've heard the main story is not that long. 12 hours :/
Is it true ?

No.

It won't flop.

fable 2? please, that game is gonna do just fine.

Around the Network

it can't flop

ultimate_123 said:

I remember the hype for Fable 1 and it kind of flopped comapred to the hype. Do yout hink Fable 2 will flop as well? ATM I dunno really. It has a great engine and art style but something still doesn't click.

So, based on nothing you can concretely describe, you think Fable 2 will suck?  What do you think about the Sun blowing up next week...because it's been a little hotter than I remembered.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

if the 3 million people that bought the first one buy the second one then i would say that's not a flop. But i still think this one will sell more. I just payed mine off.

@ AlacristLulz! love your sig.

Define 'flop'.

If you are expecting it to get a Gamespot and IGN 10/10 and a 98% on metacritic, for it to sell 10 million copies and bring the 360 weekly sales up to 500,000 for a year, it will flop. It will flop badly.

If, however, you predict a metascore of 90, 3.5 million sales and a slight boost for a couple of weeks, then it could well meet your expectations.

They seem to have fixed a lot of Fable's problems, this will be similar to Resistance 2.

The Xbox had sold, what, 17 million consoles at the time of Fable? I'd say 3 million sales is pretty respectable. It's a higher fraction of total consoles than San Andreas for PS2.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective