By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA MAKING A CONSOLE??????

^^^^^ Or
1. EA launches console
2. Competition HD console library shrinks by 35%
3. HD consoles compensate by adding a ton of casual games in
4. Hardcore gamers are abandoned and run to EA console, claiming all other consoles "are for girls and casuals"

Around the Network

I was thinking that something which would be interesting for EA to do would be to enter into PC market with "Gaming" PCs ...

There are a lot of people (like my sister) who would like to play videogames on the $500 PC (or $700 laptop) they bought who are not being well serviced. They are not looking for a system that (most) people would really consider a gaming rig, but they just want something which will reliably play PC games they're interested in for the next several years.

In theory, EA could easily select some very inexpensive hardware sell it at a high margin (for what the hardware is) and support that hardware for years and people would feel (reasonably) comfortable buying that system. On top of this, if EA is supporting hardware you can be (reasonably) certain that most publishers would support the same hardware for almost all of their games.

i sure hope they dont, i wouldnt buy one. i would rather give my money to either sony for a ps4 or m$ for a xbox3.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

EA games making a system?

A crappy game company makes a crappy system?

Hmm..

EA making a system would be a BAD idea for them, I dont see it selling well and also how much third party support would they get?

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Around the Network

Well put it this way for Sony, M$ and Ninty there will be no more

FIFA
MADDEN
SIMS
NEED FOR SPEED
NBA LIVE
SPORE
ROCKBAND
BURNOUT
HALF LIFE
MEDAL OF HONOR
HARRY POTTER
GOD FATHER
COMMAND AND CONQUER
BATTLEFIELD
FIGHT NIGHT
SSX
CRYSIS

exclusive just to name a few, it would be a big loss to the big 3 no mater what way you try and spin it.

And just random good games they will be creating like

LEFT 4 DEAD
DEAD SPACE

but what you got to ask yourself is How many of these are just published by them and how many of the ip are owned by them?

Also will they still be providing this kind of support for just one console, yes they could more or less get a big chunk of the console market but without such a big userbase will they still be turning the kind of profits that they get now, i mean Look at sega they were a very good software company and still are but the consoles they made never produced a big enough user base for the games to shine.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Serious_frusting said:
Well put it this way for Sony, M$ and Ninty there will be no more

FIFA
MADDEN

SIMS
NEED FOR SPEED
NBA LIVE
SPORE
ROCKBAND
BURNOUT
HALF LIFE
MEDAL OF HONOR
HARRY POTTER
GOD FATHER
COMMAND AND CONQUER
BATTLEFIELD
FIGHT NIGHT
SSX
CRYSIS

exclusive just to name a few, it would be a big loss to the big 3 no mater what way you try and spin it.

And just random good games they will be creating like

LEFT 4 DEAD
DEAD SPACE

but what you got to ask yourself is How many of these are just published by them and how many of the ip are owned by them?

Also will they still be providing this kind of support for just one console, yes they could more or less get a big chunk of the console market but without such a big userbase will they still be turning the kind of profits that they get now, i mean Look at sega they were a very good software company and still are but the consoles they made never produced a big enough user base for the games to shine.

EA will lose these lisences, because one of the demands from the lisence-holders is that the game will be released on all platforms (that's why even the cube received its yearly FIFA)

Knowing EA, If it did happen, Theyd launch a new console every year like this:

EA Console 2009
EA Console 2010 Pro
EA Console 2011
EA Console 12
EA Console 13x

...You catch my drift :D

Never heard of this myself, but I am a pure Sony fan so probably wont buy it.

Help I cant get my trophy card to work.

1. EA tried their one console once upon a time and it failed.

2. EA's revenue stream and market reach would shrink to a margin shareholders would never accept.

3. 4 major players in the home console space would dilute consumer spending which very well could lead to another market crash (that's why it crashed in 1983).

The rEVOLution is not being televised