By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA MAKING A CONSOLE??????

Is there a link or any other source than an on-line show?

And this would be the worst time to get into the console wars. The market has never supported more than three consoles since the Crash of 1984. And no one knows when the global economic conditions will improve.

Plus, EA's biggest cash cows are its sports franchises -- and it is commonly thought that those have to be multi-platform by contract.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

There's no way, they'd make a lot less money because their games would be reaching far fewer consumers.

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin

i really think EA will launch a console.... And That Sony and M$ could team up.

SMcc1887 said:
i really think EA will launch a console.... And That Sony and M$ could team up.

You're completely wrong in both cases.

I was thinking the other day, that there's someone much bigger than EA regarding a possible newcomer to the console market. Sure, Apple might, but I thought of someone who's growing even bigger - Google. Think about it. THey're spreading their wings far faster than MS did in the 90s. They're getting into in-game ads. I can see them branching out and making their own system. God knows they have the money to do such

Around the Network

Was MS particularly successful as a software company reaching into video game consoles? No, Google will fuck it up just like their mobile phone won't do much business.

This is an interesting debate, why did Sony do as well as they did? Why should toy manufacturers (sega) be more relevent to console design? What the hell did Nintendo do before videogames? make playing cards?

I dk, maybe Sony did aswell as they did because their experience in industrial design gave them the console / controller design edge.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

... Maybe they're wanting to release a Sims/spore/nfs specific graphics card?

megaman79 said:
Was MS particularly successful as a software company reaching into video game consoles? No, Google will fuck it up just like their mobile phone won't do much business.

This is an interesting debate, why did Sony do as well as they did? Why should toy manufacturers (sega) be more relevent to console design? What the hell did Nintendo do before videogames? make playing cards?

I dk, maybe Sony did aswell as they did because their experience in industrial design gave them the console / controller design edge.

Sony had a different edge - they already were into consumer electronics (and I think computers too) prior to the Playstation consoles. So they already were used to producing electronics and especially CD players (and eventually DVD players too). I think of all the companies around, Sony had the biggest advantage going into the field.

wait wait..... 3D0-2 is coming out?? Oooh, i love the first one.

I shall be one of 3 people getting that console this time around.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I could be wrong but I suspect that EA would not be trying to make a console that would compete directly with the current (or next) generation consoles ...

If I was EA I would focus on making a very inexpensive ($50) console with very inexpensive ($10) software that has strong piracy protection and plan to sell it in India and China. The point of this is to build a strong brand so that (over the next couple of decades) when 100,000,000+ consoles are sold in India and China your system is the one people buy.