By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN LBP Review - 9.5/10

We already knew this game was awesome. Now I want to see the sales of it. I belive that it will sell well in the beginning but not have very good legs. I don't see why it would give the ps3 a expanded audience as wii sports, wii fit etc. gave the wii.

Around the Network

At this point the reviews are kind of superfluous. We all know if we're getting the game or not. I guess it can fuel the fanboy wars, but seriously if they gave it a 7.2 we'd still be buying it.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

If GTA4 deserved a 10/10 then LBP should get a 10 honestly cause it's 100 times better game then GTA4. But from good standards it's a great score that's well deserved. Not the most original game or doing anything amazing but being the first on a console with such customization is a great thing and I hope other games follow suit, mods and mouse and keyboard support is the reason PC gaming is so awesome, PS3 can do that, why not make it a standard for all it's games? The PS3 library would start to kill the 360 library if they started to do that, cause then you could do things like Starcraft 2 on PS3 with mod support and that alone would get people addicted.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

The_vagabond7 said:
At this point the reviews are kind of superfluous. We all know if we're getting the game or not. I guess it can fuel the fanboy wars, but seriously if they gave it a 7.2 we'd still be buying it.

Pretty much. Those who've played it love it, so apart from whether or not it will get the dubious "AAA" distinction there's little left to discuss.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Keep this in the review thread or the official thread please, I don't care which.

Around the Network

Great review, but they gave MGS4, and GTAIV perfect 10s. The game scores along the lines of greatness of Metroid Prime 3. I was expecting 9.5. However, if this game was the best game of all time, as has been touted by quite a few, then I wouldn't have been surprised by a 10/10. As a 360 fan, it's good to know that LBP is just another game, and not the end all killer app of this generation. I think it'll go the way of Brawl, and have a large underground subculture, but it will lose its cultural significance in less than a year.

Great review, great game, if you're in to this type of game, it's a must buy.

I fully expect Fable 2 to score an 8.5 from IGN, and I'm highly anticipating a buy. I can't imagine fans of LBP's excitement, when their game got a 9.5.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.