By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - In the Future BattleNet will Cost Money

Dang. That's be awfully cool.

I dunno if it'd convince me to pay for it, since I tend to like Blizzard games for the campaign modes, but it'd be awfully cool.

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
 "DO NOT FUCK WITH the goose that lays the golden eggs"?

Golden eggs aren't enough anymore?

I am going to side with miscommunication for now.

Khuutra said:
dgm6780 said:
I'll believe it when i see it. what other games would take advantage of battle.net other then Starcraft 2? Do people still play Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 1 in big numbers?

Yes. God yes. Go log into Bnet on The Frozen Throne sometime, it'll scare you spitless.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle.net#Growth_history

By September 2004, their active user count was up to nearly 12 million, spending more than 2.1 million hours online each day, and they had an average of 200,000 concurrent users, with a peak concurrent user count of 400,000.

12 million users in 2004.  XBox Live got 12 million users in 2008.  B-Net is way ahead, and is the largest online gaming community ever.

This is why I don't believe it will cost money.

it won't cost money, they may increase advertising but I don't see it costing money.

And financially crippled Blizzard? lmfao.

PC Gamer

Muah...remember when people were...oh nevermind. I'm loving it.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

well its understanding if they plan to make db3 and sc2 last a long long while with updates / patches (mmo style, instead of buying an expansion)

if they charge, say a subscribtion fee, then i can see something like xbox live. 40-50 a year and that includes access to sc2 and db3 (and any other game that uses the new bnet) on bnet.

but i do believe they are just trying to attract some ads and stuff of that sort because i know that blizzard knows the people like it free to play on bnet

markers said:
well its understanding if they plan to make db3 and sc2 last a long long while with updates / patches (mmo style, instead of buying an expansion)

if they charge, say a subscribtion fee, then i can see something like xbox live. 40-50 a year and that includes access to sc2 and db3 (and any other game that uses the new bnet) on bnet.

but i do believe they are just trying to attract some ads and stuff of that sort because i know that blizzard knows the people like it free to play on bnet

They just came out with 1.12 for Diablo II. Seems like they have been just fine with patches and updates to the games.... Also Xbox Live is the number one reason why I dont have a 360. Who the frik pays to play multiplayer games other than MMOs in this day and age, seriously? If this goes through it will be the number 1 reason why I pirate and play my Blizzard games on private servers.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Ha thats nothing, they're gonna introduce costed DLC for Diablo 3 too. Talk about going full circle.

April Fools!

You guys are pathetic. Read: gullible.

shio said:
twesterm said:
It's really not that surprising and all too easy to blame on Activision.

No, they had already talked about this before merging with Activion. And battle.net will be FREE. The subscription is optional

SmokedHostage said:
This sucks. I'm not paying to play Starcraft online..

good, because Starcraft 2 online is FREE, Battle.net is FREE.

I'm confused.  You say BNet will be free for all games and paying is optional.  Since your non-sources know everything (and remember, newer sources beat older sources), what exactly is the optional payment paying for?

Snesboy said:
April Fools!

You guys are pathetic. Read: gullible.

Right.  It's October.