By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - In the Future BattleNet will Cost Money

Final-Fan said:
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/13/blizzcon-2008-rob-pardo-talks-battle-net-monetizing/

What are your thoughts on this, twesterm? You did an awful lot of fearmongering yesterday.

That greatly puts many of my fears to rest, now I'm just curious what they'll charge you for...

Around the Network
twesterm said:

Snesboy said:
April Fools!

You guys are pathetic. Read: gullible.

Right.  It's October.

I was joking about the April Fools dude.

WoW costs a shitload to maintain and develop, while something like half of their subscribers are guys in Asia paying way, way less than us Westerners. I wouldn't be surprised if their financial situation was substantially worse than most people thnk.

... ok, that's still insane amounts of money all the time. Anyone know more about these supposed difficulties of theirs, or was it all a joke by the author of the article?

... a joke. He's being sarcastic about the Blizzard guy saying they "have to" start making money off Bnet.

You DID read the thread, right?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

You guys had me scared... I'm gonna log on Battle.net with Diablo II, just to be sure there's not a ransom placed on my characters.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Well that Joystiq article clears some things up

Nothing's cheaper than something free.

F1 vs FOTA, when too much power is in couple peoples hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------