By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Starcraft II campaign split into 3 separate SKU's!

Blizzard is just getting more greedy, after WoW have managed to make them big bucks.

Hopefully this is just a Pr gone wrong.

If not, i'm not gonna buy three separate "games" to get to play all of the races.

I also haven't played mp on Orginal StarCraft/Brood wars.

Nothing's cheaper than something free.

F1 vs FOTA, when too much power is in couple peoples hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Around the Network
shio said:
Ail said:
And there it is the bullshit reasonnings are back in strenght.

This stuff is too expansive for my taste but I'm used to getting everything I want so I'm going to pirate it...

I thought people on this site were becoming more mature, I was wrong...

Someone should ban him. Condoning piracy is not good. And to think you're questioning other people's maturity.

vlad321 said:
Ail said:

This stuff is too expansive for my taste but I'm used to getting everything I want so I'm going to pirate it...

This has the potential of being even more bullshit than the EA DRM crap. And yes, People are used to getting good games for cheap, so when bullshit like this happens people don't want to support bullshit behavior. Therefore they pirate it. Notice that Fallout 3 won't have the same shit DRM Spore had.

In what way is it bullshit? You are getting in SC2 a campaign bigger than all 3 SC1's combined.

And another thing, Blizzard only had to choices: either shorten their campaigns alot so they could fit all 3 in SC2, or delay the game for atleast another year.

By the way, also keep in mind that even if Blizzard had decided to fit all 3 campaigns in SC2, they will still release atleast 1 expansion for the game after.

and @ your above statement

When was Blizzard against delaying a game? I don't care how big it is, the structure is horrible. And the story in SC1 wasn't even such a big cliffhanger. It ended with Tassada sacraficing himself to detroy the overmind, and you were left with the aftermath. They could have left it at that and just had Starcraft 2 pick up from there instead of an expansion pack and it would have been perfectly acceptable.

Furthermore, I don't want to wait months to get my hands on the next part of the story. Protoss playes, like myself, will have to wait months before they get their share. I don't care how big the campaigns are, I just dont want to be paying for each campaign and having to wait for each one individually. You can say it's like a n expansion back but it really isn't. The first one is not a complete story in itself at all, it's missing 2 full campaigns of 2 equally important factions. It's more of completion-packs than expansion packs.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:
shio said:
Ail said:

Someone should ban him. Condoning piracy is not good. And to think you're questioning other people's maturity.

vlad321 said:
Ail said:

This has the potential of being even more bullshit than the EA DRM crap. And yes, People are used to getting good games for cheap, so when bullshit like this happens people don't want to support bullshit behavior. Therefore they pirate it. Notice that Fallout 3 won't have the same shit DRM Spore had.

In what way is it bullshit? You are getting in SC2 a campaign bigger than all 3 SC1's combined.

And another thing, Blizzard only had to choices: either shorten their campaigns alot so they could fit all 3 in SC2, or delay the game for atleast another year.

By the way, also keep in mind that even if Blizzard had decided to fit all 3 campaigns in SC2, they will still release atleast 1 expansion for the game after.

When was Blizzard against delaying a game? I don't care how big it is, the structure is horrible. And the story in SC1 wasn't even such a big cliffhanger. It ended with Tassada sacraficing himself to detroy the overmind, and you were left with the aftermath. They could have left it at that and just had Starcraft 2 pick up from there instead of an expansion pack and it would have been perfectly acceptable.

Furthermore, I don't want to wait months to get my hands on the next part of the story. Protoss playes, like myself, will have to wait months before they get their share. I don't care how big the campaigns are, I just dont want to be paying for each campaign and having to wait for each one individually. You can say it's like a n expansion back but it really isn't. The first one is not a complete story in itself at all, it's missing 2 full campaigns of 2 equally important factions. It's more of completion-packs than expansion packs.

You call little-hours campaigns "full", yet when it's a campaign atleast 3 times bigger you call it "incomplete"... your mind is wavering, and I don't understand your reasoning.

Now let me ask you this: would you rather have SC2 have 3 campaigns chopped and put inside SC2 + 2 expansions, or each campaign be on it's own package. Because if you want SC2 just to play protoss, the former would be worse for you since you would be forced to buy all 3 "games"!! That's a big loop hole in your logic.

shio said:
vlad321 said:
shio said:
Ail said:

vlad321 said:
Ail said:

You call little-hours campaigns "full", yet when it's a campaign atleast 3 times bigger you call it "incomplete"... your mind is wavering, and I don't understand your reasoning.

Now let me ask you this: would you rather have SC2 have 3 campaigns chopped and put inside SC2 + 2 expansions, or each campaign be on it's own package. Because if you want SC2 just to play protoss, the former would be worse for you since you would be forced to buy all 3 "games"!! That's a big loop hole in your logic.

Length does not equal full.  That's the concept you really need to figure out.

I believe it was Ben DKII (whoops, wrong person) that put the length issue of 30 campaigns best.

DKII said:
Yeah playing 30 missions in a row as one race is rather excessive. I'd much rather have the main game and each expansion each take 10 missions from each campaign so they can interweave a real story together and throw in some variety. 30 straight missions as one race (and then waiting a year for the expansion) is going to end up being very boring.

By the way, I'm also one of those who bought the original game just for the campaigns, never touched multiplayer. Same for the Warcraft and Diablo series.

I hope that there are a ton of cinematic scenes and more than just gameplay, there is no way I will be buying all three.

Normally I try to avoid downloading games, but this is insane, I will most likely buy one and download the other two. The gaming industry is becoming a money hungry battlefield between producers and consumers. Add on content you have to pay for, limited installs, and now splitting games up so you have to spend 2-3 times for the whole game.

What happened to the good old days when expansions were only created if the game did well, not planned from the beginning.... I mean shoot, a lot of games you buy for $60 and from day one they have $30 of add on content for you to buy....

Around the Network

not a good idead! but i wil be getting the terren version

To all the doubters and idiots: http://www.wegame.com/watch/Starcraft_2_Trilogy_Announcement/

Now watch it and weep, because I'll be getting all 3 campaigns.

Really, some people buy Mass Effect, a disappointing RPG that is only 10-15h and has NO multiplayer, and think it's a great game.
Some people buy Halo 3, which has a crappy singleplayer and dumbed down multiplayer, and think it's a great game. Etc...

Just look at people what Blizzard fans decided in the video, 99% of them preferred to have 3 seperate EPIC campaigns.

shio said:
To all the doubters and idiots: http://www.wegame.com/watch/Starcraft_2_Trilogy_Announcement/

Now watch it and weep, because I'll be getting all 3 campaigns.

Really, some people buy Mass Effect, a disappointing RPG that is only 10-15h and has NO multiplayer, and think it's a great game.
Some people buy Halo 3, which has a crappy singleplayer and dumbed down multiplayer, and think it's a great game. Etc...

Just look at people what Blizzard fans decided in the video, 99% of them preferred to have 3 seperate EPIC campaigns.

Oh man, I'm bawling my eyes out, shio decided to get all 3 SC2 games....

How is this showing us ANYTHING we haven't already researched throughouly? In fact I watched another very similar video before I started going off in this discussion.  Insulting other games is also not the way to go, most people here are actually SC fans who are disappointed. In fact, there have been very few people trolling and flaming other games, except you of course. This is what I'd call a troll post and full of fail.

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

BenKenobi88 said:
I think this is a bit of an overreaction.

Maybe they wanted players to be able to buy only the campaigns they wanted to play? If it all adds up to $50, I don't think there's really a reason for complaint, other than the stupidity of buying 3 discs.

So for someone to say they're going to buy the first $15 disc and pirate the rest...that's stupid. You're basically saying you were going to pay $50 for Starcraft II, but since they put it on three separate discs adding up to $50, you decide you'll just pay $15? That logic really doesn't add up.

Unless of course it ends up being more than $50, in which case Blizzard made a boo-boo.

I can't see how it won't end up costing more than $50. Every version will have a single player campaign + full multiplayer, if you want to buy more campaigns, you will also be buying the full MP again.

If they had just released the other versions as expansion backs, SP only, I would be fine. As then I'd know for sure the last two would be expansion pack priced. I can't see anything here that puts the three adding up to $50 likely. I'm also worried about when the Zerg and Protoss versions will be released.

SeriousWB said:
BenKenobi88 said:
I think this is a bit of an overreaction.

Maybe they wanted players to be able to buy only the campaigns they wanted to play? If it all adds up to $50, I don't think there's really a reason for complaint, other than the stupidity of buying 3 discs.

So for someone to say they're going to buy the first $15 disc and pirate the rest...that's stupid. You're basically saying you were going to pay $50 for Starcraft II, but since they put it on three separate discs adding up to $50, you decide you'll just pay $15? That logic really doesn't add up.

Unless of course it ends up being more than $50, in which case Blizzard made a boo-boo.

I can't see how it won't end up costing more than $50. Every version will have a single player campaign + full multiplayer, if you want to buy more campaigns, you will also be buying the full MP again.

If they had just released the other versions as expansion backs, SP only, I would be fine. As then I'd know for sure the last two would be expansion pack priced. I can't see anything here that puts the three adding up to $50 likely.

Haven't you been reading shio's posts?

IT HAZ EPIZ CAMPAIGNS! 100 MISSIONS EACH! IT WILL SHAME ALL OTHER GAMES THAT HAVE COME OUT SO FAR1111!!

I can see it being over 50 dollars considering they will try and fit everything into the first one that omes out, and then since they will view the rest as major upgrades, in terms of story, they will charge full expansion price for them which is close to what? $30 a pop? Plus the original it'd add up to 110. Even if they price each one at expansion pack price that would still add up to 90. Unless their heads aren't as far up their asses as we all think and they just price each one at 15-20, I don't see this GAME coming under $80 at all.