By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

oops, i was calculating it to reach 50% not 47.1%. yea it didn't lost marketshare.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

Nice sales for the 360, and of course the DS and Wii. PS3 is doing ok.

johnsobas said:
oops, i was calculating it to reach 50% not 47.1%. yea it didn't lost marketshare.

It actually gained a fair amount in America, where its marketshare doesn't have as hefty a lead as the rest of the World.  Again, I was discussing trends, not totals.  In America, the holiday push is clearly beginning for the HD consoles, according to VGC data, whereas the Wii, curiously, is actually slowing down (where it should be rising like the other 2).

Sorry for the confusion.

And now we go live to VGDChartz, where the American data on console sales has just been released...

Person 1: Oh, looks like the Xbox 360 beat the PS3 again - in every single region, to boot!

Person 2: What?! B-but the p-price cut - I thought it was supposed to increase sales!

Person 1: It did.

Person 2: Yeah, for the Xbox - us Sony fans thought it would increase PS3 sales! *cry*

Person 1: Yeah, how would that work, anyway?

Person 2: Because... because the 360's price cut has failed! Yeah, that's right - The 360's pricecut has failed!!!

Person 1: Uh, just because you say so doesn't make it true.

Person 2: It does! It does! *wah wah wah*

In other news, Nintendo wins again.

I wonder what september and october NPD will look like, last 2 months VG charts has been a lil off on PS3 and 360

Systems owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, PS3, Wii, Xbox360

Currently Playing: UNCHARTED 2 !!

Waiting for: FFXIII, GoW3, GT5, Mass Effect 2

Around the Network
Helios said:

And now we go live to VGDChartz, where the American data on console sales has just been released...

Person 1: Oh, looks like the Xbox 360 beat the PS3 again - in every single region, to boot!

Person 2: What?! B-but the p-price cut - I thought it was supposed to increase sales!

Person 1: It did.

Person 2: Yeah, for the Xbox - us Sony fans thought it would increase PS3 sales! *cry*

Person 1: Yeah, how would that work, anyway?

Person 2: Because... because the 360's price cut has failed! Yeah, that's right - The 360's pricecut has failed!!!

Person 1: Uh, just because you say so doesn't make it true.

Person 2: It does! It does! *wah wah wah*

In other news, Nintendo wins again.

I dont see any PS fanboys crying shi in here.They know, and they are tired of saying it over and over again.

Take my love, take my land..

Skeeuk said:
360 price cut effect climbing down now, in next few weeks will be the tell tale for 360

the sold number went up from last week, we might be at a new level already 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

danielhiru said:

I wonder what september and october NPD will look like, last 2 months VG charts has been a lil off on PS3 and 360

when do we get september NDP ???

and when do we ger October NDP??

Simulacrum said:

I dont see any PS fanboys crying shi in here.They know, and they are tired of saying it over and over again.

I don't fully understand what you are trying to say here, but I have seen Sony fans say exactly that, both now in this thread and in the past. Things like "360 will drop like a rock in Others" or "PS3 will outsell it in Japan next week" are known statements, and are also evidently false. I'm just pointing that out.

I wonder how next week will be. Unprecedented drops in stock markets in all 3 regions over the last week. I think the PS3 is gonna be hit really hard (price), and who knows, maybe a revival of the PS2 (again, price)?