By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - NHL: Thread for the 2008-2009 Season

Aj_habfan said:
no. I was going further back to the year Montreal won their 24th Stanley Cup. What does detroit have, 10? Cute.

Ouch. haha.

Not that I can say much about Detroit because my three favourite teams have one Cup collectively, but the Habs are my fourth favourite. =D

Around the Network
Aj_habfan said:
no. I was going further back to the year Montreal won their 24th Stanley Cup. What does detroit have, 10? Cute.

Considering the Habs have only won two Cups in the past thirty years...well, I suppose history is all you have. 

Anyway...

I'm pleasantly surprised by the Wild, and I hope they keep it up since they're my favourite non-Canadian team.

Cactus said:
Anyway...

I'm pleasantly surprised by the Wild, and I hope they keep it up since they're my favourite non-Canadian team.

No! The Wild must burn! Vancouver must triumph in the NW!

Jackson50 said:
Aj_habfan said:

Considering the Habs have only won two Cups in the past thirty years...well, I suppose history is all you have. 

I figured since you liked bringing up the past so much, you'd appreciate that bit of information.

Around the Network

Phoenix Coyotes FTW!!!

3-4 now but they'll improve. They have Jokinen and Kyle Turris. Plus Bryzgalov in net!

Aj_habfan said:
Jackson50 said:
Aj_habfan said:

I figured since you liked bringing up the past so much, you'd appreciate that bit of information.

Zinger after zinger.......remind me to not piss you off, lol..........37 years of futility and counting for my boys....

Aj_habfan said:
Jackson50 said:
Aj_habfan said:

I do enjoy history. I also enjoy the prospects of the future...and the comforting knowledge that my team will continue to add Cup titles to its count while the hapless Habs are mired at 24.

Steven Stamkos picked up his first and second goal of the season and of his NHL career last and also added an asist. =D

Yay, Stammer!

What is Semin thinking?
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=254340&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_nhl

It's debatable whether or not Crosby is the best player in the league (I personally prefer Ovechkin) but to say he's not special? And comparing Kane with Crosby?