By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - NHL: Thread for the 2008-2009 Season

izaaz101 said:
No broken bones for Blake. That ought to make you happy Spire.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=270626&lid=sublink01&lpos=headlines_nhl

Yeah i read the news earlier today, seems like he won't be out too long (propably just this 2 game road trip) which is good. Can't wait for my team to get fully healed up

That Was Left-Handed

Xbox Live: Spire VII

Playstation 3 Network: Spire_VII

Around the Network

Sharks just beat the Ducks 1-0 & clinched a playoff berth. The Sharks, along with the Red Wings (who beat Columbus today), are the first two teams to clinch playoff berth's this season.

That Was Left-Handed

Found this hilarious (Kings gameday preview from Battle of Calfornia blog) -

Los Angeles Kings (.500) vs. Nashville Predators (uhh... .700?)

7:30 PST, Fox Sports Prime Ticket

Let's see...

Joe Pavelski- Ill-advised pinch at the blue line when he was the last line of defense.

Joe Thornton- Goes for a new stick after his breaks without looking around at all to see where the puck was

San Jose Bench- Didn't help Thornton keep an eye on the puck, allowing a 2-on-0 on their goaltender

Dustin Brown- Takes the middle of the ice, making Kopitar think he's going to go in alone; telegraphing pass after he's taken Kopitar out of the play; softly chipping the puck to Kopitar, allowing Nabokov a chance to square up against Kopitar; going behind the goal line after his pass, not allowing Kopitar a chance to get the puck back to him for an easy tap-in.  Basically, Dustin Brown fucked up a lot.

Anze Kopitar- Getting drafted by this miserable shit team

Evgeni Nabokov- Nothing, he did fine, although that's like giving the police credit when they caught this guy.  Sure, they did their job, but their opponent sure made it a whole lot easier.

The clip doesn't show it, but there was a hilarious moment after this play where they showed Kopitar looking at Brown with a, "Dude, what the fuck?" expression while Brown stared straight ahead, as if to say, "I know, shut the fuck up."

This game should just about finish the Kings' playoff hopes.  After this, the Kings play 6 straight games on the road against Boston, PIttsburgh, Chicago, St. Louis, Dallas and Nashville.  I don't think the Kings will finish above .500 this season.

The Great Wayne Simmonds Nickname Challenge will be up later in the week, but right now the leaders in the clubhouse are:

-Cool Runnings

-The Wayne Train

-Homer Simmonds

-Cinnamon(ds)

-Sloppy

-*sigh Chocolate Thunder

Prediction: Kings win, 4-3.  Goals by Frolov, Handzus, Doughty and Stoll.  Dustin Brown fucks up a 3-on-0 when his hockey pants fall down around his ankles.  He says, "Fuck this," and leaves.

Source - http://www.battleofcali.com/2009/3/16/800354/kings-gameday-the-worst-pl

That Was Left-Handed

Damn, that was pretty bad......by everyone, lol. But especially by Thornton and Brown. But Thornton got bailed out by Brown, so he lucks out......Brown's not so lucky. I like Brown, he reminds me of Lucic.

Brodeur's going for the all time record for wins by a goaltender......I hope he gets it. Not only does he deserve it, but he would be helping out the Nucks. Roy was classier than I thought he'd be, meeting with Brodeur before the game in Montreal, and wishing him luck. Roy while playing, had very little class, if any.

Brodeur breaks the record.........most wins by a goalie ever. Beat the Hawks 3-2. Congrats to Marty.

Around the Network

The Sharks seem to be back on track (knock on wood) with 3 straight wins since Thursday with their win over the Colorado Avalanche today. With today's win Sharks have taken back the #1 spot in the West and in the league overall. Sharks are 1 point ahead of Detroit, both of whom have 10 games left. Sharks still have a few games in hand over Boston.

That Was Left-Handed

I can't wait for the playoffs to start. I will be growing a playoff beard this year, will anybody else be following that tradition?

That Was Left-Handed

The Sharks, despite losing the last game of the season, have clinched the President's Trophy for the best record in the NHL. Bring on the playoffs!!

That Was Left-Handed

New thread for the playoffs - http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=67889&page=1

That Was Left-Handed