By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - One big game,enough for you to buy the console?

Hell no. No game, no matter how good, is worth the price of admission of a console also.

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Around the Network

I wouldn't consider it until a generation or two later, but even then I doubt it

I think the only game that would make me buy another console, solely for that game, would have to be KH III!

Here's hoping that it is either multiplat or only on the PS3 as shelling out money for a console for just one game is insane, but it would have to be done!

I purchased a 360 just to play Lost Odyssey, now after playing the original Fable on it I could confidentaly say if I needed to I would buy another 360 just to play Fable II.

I picked up a PS3 because my PS2 broke and I was getting the launch 60GB. I also enjoy Sony's 1st party games.

Wii, I bought it because it was popular. Not sure if there was a game there that made me think "WOW! I need this console!" I wanted Zelda and coul have went with the GC version, but Wii plays GC games.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

God of War 3 was the main reason I decided on a PS3 for my first and only console this gen. Anything else is a bonus. And a very good bonus. Of course, I'd heard of this 'Metal Gear Solid 4' but I honestly didn't think it looked that impressive (the early trailers sucked)

Then I bought it because it got a 10 from IGN and GameSpot and a 94 on metacritic (should have been higher) and because the new trailer and gameplay demo looked amazing, and it now tops my 'favourite games of all time' list.

Maybe there will be another of those before GoW3 finally comes out. Don't know what it will come in the form of though.

I suppose because I have only ever owned Sony consoles (not counting GameBoy Colour) there is really nothing on the other platforms that could persuade me to buy them.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

I bought my Xbox 1 just for Halo at launch day and i would do it again :)

And i bought the 360 just for halo 3 at launch day (even if i had to wait 2 years till halo 3 release). But i was surprised by all the other really good launchgames.

Kameo for example, i love this game. For me it is still one of the games with the best graphics this generation.

Havent got a PS2/PS3 yet, but that may change if the right game (or games) come out.

Oh and i bought a WII just to check out the controller lol, but its a funny party console.

Video: Samsung 37" LCD, Topfield 7700HSCI (HD-Sat), Denon DVD-2500BT (BluRay), Denon DVD-1940 (DVD)
Audio: Teufel System 5 THX @ Denon AVR 1910
Consoles: Homebrew Xbox 360 (500GB), Xbox 360 Slim (4GB) + Kinect, Homebrew Nintendo Wii, Homebrew Playstation 3 Slim (250GB)

A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him - BELIEVE

Simulacrum said:

One big game, enough for you to buy whole console?

I have bought few consoles for one game.Of course after I have played that game, I bought some new ones.

This.

I bought a 360 for NHL08. I've also added NHL07, NHL09, Top Spin3 and Tales of Vesperia. I had GTA4 but I didn't play it much so I sold it at Gamestop.

Resistance 2 may get me to buy the PS3, Xbox 360 I bought due to the huge library of games, and the WII bought for Nintendo, Super mario galaxy, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Zelda and Mario Cart

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Xbox360 - Ace Combat 6
PS3 - Metal Gear Solid 4

I bought both consoles for the games mentioned above, given I always get nintendo and sony consoles, but this generation I was about to skip sony. Currently not satisfied with ps3...hopefully blazblue willl comes out and stay exclusive.

We bought our 360 just for Halo 3. Sure we had Top Spin 2 to pass the two weeks before Halo came out but that game was ass, so we just played Halo 2 on the 360 til 3 came out.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.