By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Little King's Story trailer! (Gameplay shown. Online too...?)

Around the Network

Sad that there's no IR controls (why not!?). But the style, premise, and gameplay all keep my excitement levels bubbling.

Look almost like a Pikmin game and in the 1:15 who is he? looks like a Don Quijote de la macha rip-off and in the 2:02 Mexico flag FTW

I personally want to kill the guy doing voice over on the trailer, but otherwise it looks interesting.

MANUELF said:
Look almost like a Pikmin game and in the 1:15 who is he? looks like a Don Quijote de la macha rip-off and in the 2:02 Mexico flag FTW

Ay Manuel! You really don't know about this game!? A brief education, then.

It is a Pikmin-style game in which you (the king) lead whatever villagers you select out into the world to do tasks. These tasks include fighting, building, exploring, etc., sort of like Pikmin.

Your villagers also have different classes (just like there are different Pikmin), each with their own specialty (farmers are better at farming than figthing, even if they can do both, soldiers can't do some tasks but are better at fighting, etc.). Unlike Pikmin, though, each villager is unique: they all have their own lives and routines, and any damage they take is permanent (it makes them age). When they get too old, they leave, and get replaced with a new villager who may not be in the same class, may be weaker overall, etc.

Instead of collecting trash, you're trying to conquer the world. But for peace and justice! (or something)

As for don Quixote, that's (edit) Howzer. He's your liuetenant. As for the Mexican flag...it was. That's what I meant by "online?", because several countries have their flags sticking out of a map of Earth...

Around the Network

No offense but this united the world thing, and demolishing anything that gets in your way sounds pretty evil. The game looks great though.

sc94597 said:
No offense but this united the world thing, and demolishing anything that gets in your way sounds pretty evil. The game looks great though.

I know!

Even better, when you kill a boss, your villagers drag its corpse back to the city square, light a bonfire, don masks, and do creepy tribal dances around its body to celebrate their victory!

This game's so AWESOME!!!!

Voice over dude sounds kind of like Adam West.

Great trailer for what looks like a fun and original title. I hope it sells well.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

noname2200 said:
MANUELF said:

Ay Manuel! You really don't know about this game!? A brief education, then.

It is a Pikmin-style game in which you (the king) lead whatever villagers you select out into the world to do tasks. These tasks include fighting, building, exploring, etc., sort of like Pikmin.

Your villagers also have different classes (just like there are different Pikmin), each with their own specialty (farmers are better at farming than figthing, even if they can do both, soldiers can't do some tasks but are better at fighting, etc.). Unlike Pikmin, though, each villager is unique: they all have their own lives and routines, and any damage they take is permanent (it makes them age). When they get too old, they leave, and get replaced with a new villager who may not be in the same class, may be weaker overall, etc.

Instead of collecting trash, you're trying to conquer the world. But for peace and justice! (or something)

As for don Quixote, that's (edit) Howzer. He's your liuetenant. As for the Mexican flag...it was. That's what I meant by "online?", because several countries have their flags sticking out of a map of Earth...

Is so obvious?

Haha so it's a nice rule the world game haha.************ Wonder if I can say that haha. Probably not so it's deleted. But looks interesting.