By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Numbers Up!

AlexeiYashin said:
I only trust media create when it come to Japan.

DS Lite 42,385
PSP 26,045
Wii 25,330
PS2 8,618
Xbox 360 8,271
PS3 7,232

According to Media Create 360 win by 1000 uits

Around the Network

Sluggish week, we'll have to wait people in Japan and EU to realise that banks here are more prudent and the spreading of the crisis outside USA is mostly unjustified panic.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

TWRoO said:
^check the websites graphs.

Xbox started out ok, but after a year it then fell below 1000 per week average for the rest of it's life.

X360 started slower (bad rep from XB) but it kept it's sales consistant, and while it did occasionally go under 1000 in some weeks, it mostly kept and average around 2k, until 2008, when it has slowly crept up over the summer to 4-5k per week, then it had this explosion to equal Wii's sales.

X360 has already passed the XB in Japan... and I believe it's not long till it surpasses the XB in Europe.

its always good to here that, though they may be going for 4 to 5 times the install base in japan, but i see they may make it to 2 mil, which would be amazing. in europa, just saying ahead of the ps3 is most likely their goal, as it is in the usa, though in usa they may have delusions that they can make up the ground they lost to the wii

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

According to MC, this is the lowest weekly number for the PS3. What a shame.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

goddog said:
TWRoO said:
^check the websites graphs.

Xbox started out ok, but after a year it then fell below 1000 per week average for the rest of it's life.

X360 started slower (bad rep from XB) but it kept it's sales consistant, and while it did occasionally go under 1000 in some weeks, it mostly kept and average around 2k, until 2008, when it has slowly crept up over the summer to 4-5k per week, then it had this explosion to equal Wii's sales.

X360 has already passed the XB in Japan... and I believe it's not long till it surpasses the XB in Europe.

its always good to here that, though they may be going for 4 to 5 times the install base in japan, but i see they may make it to 2 mil, which would be amazing. in europa, just saying ahead of the ps3 is most likely their goal, as it is in the usa, though in usa they may have delusions that they can make up the ground they lost to the wii

I highly doubt it will reach 2 million, I think 1.5 milllion is a more realistic target, and I think it will end more like 1.2-1.3 million. (which is still over double the original XB)

Around the Network

I wonder if the new platinum hits will effect sales?

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo