By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo steals

I wish the PS3 would get more games. Maybe then, PS3 owners wouldn't have the idle time to post drivel like this.

Around the Network
DarkNight_DS said:
Cobretti said:
oh that like me trying to say nintendo had the first online console multiplayer gaming long before sony or microsoft.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellaview

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BS_The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Stone_Tablets_of_Antiquity

Sure it was via sattelite downloads but hey this is still a download service they offered first lol.

Next someone will say micorsoft stole the idea of online gaming cause nintendo did it first via sattelite.

The point is alot of things have been tried in the past and failed. Just cause they appear to be the same doesnt mean they are.

PSSST...  Nintendo had a dial up modem for the NES in Japan, go look it up LOL... came out long before the Sattelite tech...

i know that, however they used it for stock market only from memory. The japanese nes had other cool stuff like a mic in the controller (the second one). 

like i said before i only used one example of what some lame thing i could use to say this company did this first. These guys copied etc.. pointless

We all know the wii mote will be copied in the future, to what extend no one knows. In the end it will be for the better. Cause it will only force gaming to improve.

First thing they teach you in engineering at uni is why reinvent something that works when you can improve on its basic ideas.

I do wanna know why this guy hasn't been banned yet though, every second post is an attack at Nintendo, people get Banned on here just for having an opinion yet this moron is still around.

ArtofAngels said:
I do wanna know why this guy hasn't been banned yet though, every second post is an attack at Nintendo, people get Banned on here just for having an opinion yet this moron is still around.

Couldn't agree more ^_^

The secret of innovation is not to be original, but to steal from obscure sources. In that regard, Nintendo has been quite successful. At least they aren't stealing from shit that's on the shelves now.

Around the Network

Patents exist for a reason. If you violate a patent, it's stealing. If you don't violate a patent, it's not stealing.

Why would i be banned, all my posts are here to bring life to the forum, it creates interest and gets more people posting on this site. None of my posts are making rude comments at anyone, i'm not calling anyone names, i'm just posting facts, like how the wii is just two GC's taped together.

The wii is great for this generation, it brings more people into the gaming world, and some of them will become more hardcore fans and get the 360 or PS3. Plus i'm a Nintendo fan too, i played Smash bros melee and Mario cart all the time, for both the GC and 64, plus i loved goldeneye.

You should read all my posts not all of them are bashing Nintendo, infact i praised the game Mario64 for being one of the first games in a generation to bring full 3D worlds to the market, it paved the way for such games as Banjo, ratchet & clank and jak & daxter.

This topic has been dealt with many times..."Nintendo copied motion control, they copied the foot pad thing!" Well, Sony and Microsoft have copied their fair share...and nobody really cares (except for the SixAxis, it's pretty reasonable to say they copied off Nintendo's motion capabilities just for the heck of it...)

I could have kept this topic going if PS3owner made a reasonable response...but making comments like "facts, like how the wii is just two GC's taped together" doesn't help you against the fanboy accusations.

I'm closing this thread cause it's not going anywhere good.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )