By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Being inovative is not the same thing as being inventing ...

Around the Network

Try harder next time. lol lol. I would be Embarrassed to even put a post like this. 25yrs ago let it go.

Just becoz Wii is hot. you be hating.

oh that like me trying to say nintendo had the first online console multiplayer gaming long before sony or microsoft.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellaview

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BS_The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Stone_Tablets_of_Antiquity

Sure it was via sattelite downloads but hey this is still a download service they offered first lol.

Next someone will say micorsoft stole the idea of online gaming cause nintendo did it first via sattelite.

The point is alot of things have been tried in the past and failed. Just cause they appear to be the same doesnt mean they are.

Also SEGA, Sony and Microsoft all copied Nintendo (analog stick, vibration, etc). Both Nintendo and Sony stole Samsung's LCD screens. Pointless...

From Wikipedia:
"Due to the similarities between the two products, the Wii Balance Board has been compared to the Joyboard, a peripheral released for the Atari 2600 in 1982. The technology within the Joyboard was much less advanced than that in the Wii Balance Board, however, and instead of using pressure sensors under each footpad, the Joyboard simply positioned the four latches of a joystick beneath the board. Leaning would engage the latches, controlling the game."

I do not think it's a ripoff!

Predictions for December 31st 2008:
Wii 38,000,000
DS 84,500,000
PS3 17,000,000
PSP 41,000,000
X360 23,000,000

Around the Network

He wasn't trying to be an asshole, I read his post un-bias even if it was posted by PS3owner...

He Simply stated that Nintendo didn't invent it, I'm sure most of us assumed Nintendo did though before reading this, no big deal really.

If Sony brought out the balance board and not Nintendo the Nintendo Fanboys would be saying the exact same thing.

However the title "Nintendo steals" is a bit much though. (According to DKII this is good enough for a ban)

And lets not start listing the things 'Sony stole'.

@ ArtofAngels

I don't see how you could see this as unbias. As people have pointed out, there are so many things we could say one company stole from another. And of any company, Nintendo has been the first to inovate more ideas than anyone else. PS3owner is grasping for straws. Trying to use the old 'old technology' arguement again, against the Wii.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Looks like its slow news day...

Its irrelevant who "invents" something. I can claim I thought up this 10 years ago (not that I did).

What matters is who actually brings it to market, and does so in such a way that makes it a success.

I'm confident Nintendo will make this a huge success - it may even rival the Wiimote itself. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Cobretti said:
oh that like me trying to say nintendo had the first online console multiplayer gaming long before sony or microsoft.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellaview

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BS_The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Stone_Tablets_of_Antiquity

Sure it was via sattelite downloads but hey this is still a download service they offered first lol.

Next someone will say micorsoft stole the idea of online gaming cause nintendo did it first via sattelite.

The point is alot of things have been tried in the past and failed. Just cause they appear to be the same doesnt mean they are.

PSSST...  Nintendo had a dial up modem for the NES in Japan, go look it up LOL... came out long before the Sattelite tech...

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

ArtofAngels said:

He wasn't trying to be an asshole, I read his post un-bias even if it was posted by PS3owner...

He Simply stated that Nintendo didn't invent it, I'm sure most of us assumed Nintendo did though before reading this, no big deal really.

If Sony brought out the balance board and not Nintendo the Nintendo Fanboys would be saying the exact same thing.

However the title "Nintendo steals" is a bit much though. (According to DKII this is good enough for a ban)

And lets not start listing the things 'Sony stole'.

Nobody said Nintendo "invented" the pad. Very few people or companies "invent" things nowadays, anyway. Most products are based on others or other technologies or ideas. It's just that Nintendo used that idea at just the right time in the right way. But PS3owner is way too Sonyboy to see that.