By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yes another anti-LBP thread.

skip said:
NiKKoM said:
I applaud the OP for making this thread.. very brave.. and I don't get why people hate him for having an opinion.. Now who is gonna make the: I Love Wii music thread? xD

The reason people hate him for his "opinion" is because he only owns a 360.

Which makes it unlikely that he has actually played the beta / makes it likely that his "opinion" is biased.

So.. maybe he played at a friends house?? Don't you have friends?? I only own a Wii, my friends own a 360 or a PS3.. I play on them.. Does that make me biased? Maybe, but I enjoy the games that I play not the machines.. can't he make an opinion then??

So he said he played it, everybody goes: NO YOU DIDN'T!! well that's a bit... childish...

Not everybody will like LBP...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
skip said:
NiKKoM said:
I applaud the OP for making this thread.. very brave.. and I don't get why people hate him for having an opinion.. Now who is gonna make the: I Love Wii music thread? xD

Which makes it unlikely that he has actually played the beta / makes it likely that his "opinion" is biased.

So.. maybe he played at a friends house?? Don't you have friends?? I only own a Wii, my friends own a 360 or a PS3.. I play on them.. Does that make me biased? Maybe, but I enjoy the games that I play not the machines.. can't he make an opinion then??

So he said he played it, everybody goes: NO YOU DIDN'T!! well that's a bit... childish...

its just very unlikely even to play it at a friends when approx  0.5 % of ps3's could be in the beta.

skip said:
NiKKoM said:
skip said:
NiKKoM said:

its just very unlikely even to play it at a friends when approx 0.5 % of ps3's could be in the beta.

Oh and that's the reason why here on vgchartz are so many users in the beta....... I see

seriously at least 20 members are in the beta or have played it at a friends house, so why is that so unlikely ?

makingmusic476 said:
ultimate_123 said:

I've played LBP so you cannot say that I'm being a fanboy.

OK first of all I'd like to say this: AMAZING GRAPHICS. WOW. The graphics truely are amazing and so are the physics. This truely does show off the PS3s power.

However...

The gameplay is not very exciting. Its basically like a 2-d sidescroller with good graphics and physics. It really is get from point 'a' to point 'b'. Now I know nearly all games are from points a to b but this game has it in a very bait way. Also the user created content is exciting but very little of it includes gameplay, most of it is just jumping and seeing the stuff happen. Where's the gameplay in that? You also have to spend a lot of time creating levels only for them to turn out to be roughly 2-5 minutes long. I mean whats the points in spending 2 hours if the level only turned out to be 2-5 minutes long? Overall while I absolutely love the graphics there isn't much behind it. I expect a average score of 65-80 on Metacritic.

1. You must hate all 2D platformers.

2. You obviously haven't played too many user made levels yet (though I find it hard to believe you've played the game at all). Have you tried the Wipeout level?  Involiving a makeshift vehicle jetting up and around ramps until you eventually reach the end? It hardly involves just jumping around.

Hell, so far I've spent the majority of my time just palying random user made levels, and I've been having a blast!  I thought I'd spend most of my time in create mode, but I've barely messed around with it so far.

Edit:

The Wipeout level...

The wipeout level looks good and everthing but this is my point. What exactly are you doing? Run for a about 3-4 seconds until you get in the vehicle and just look at it go around, get off and vola end of level. Theres not much gameplay to this game which is my main complaint.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

My LBP time-line:
1) I started out really clueless to this game. I heard it would be big but didn't know much else. I didn't really get it.
2) I saw some of the trailers showing tons of options to create. I immediately wanted it. I wasn't sure how much it would sell, but I wanted it. (I knew I couldn't get it for awhile because it is on PS3.)
3) They released the beta. A hoard of LBP fans increase all hype by a factor of ten. I see several videos of "awesome" user created levels. My interest wanes. Either the gameplay looks awful or the level is simply a semi-interactive fan-service movie. Maybe this isn't the best that is out there, but with the rabid fans (not meant as an insult, we are all rabid about something) creating and searching for the perfect level to impress the doubters, I expected better by now.

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

Around the Network

I support this message of the topic title!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Oh and everyone questioning my PS3, I don't have one but that doesn't mean I can't play one.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

I wonder how exciting this is gonna get.. LBP is supposed to be the messiah that saves the ps3 right now and its been developed to target the mass audience. However, I cant see the general public being interested to develop levels for 2-3 hrs just for 10mins of gameplay. Ofcourse you can download other peoples levels, but isnt the whole point to create your own as well.. either this is gonna be very huge or very lame.. Doubt it will have legs though.

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

arsenicazure said:
I wonder how exciting this is gonna get.. LBP is supposed to be the messiah that saves the ps3 right now and its been developed to target the mass audience. However, I cant see the general public being interested to develop levels for 2-3 hrs just for 10mins of gameplay. Ofcourse you can download other peoples levels, but isnt the whole point to create your own as well.. either this is gonna be very huge or very lame.. Doubt it will have legs though.

It's like the trolls aren't even trying anymore...

In the beta and have played it a fair bit. I think it's a good game, but not great.