By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Some new White Knight Chronicle Info

Cactus said:
Diomedes1976 said:
I said simply that this will be the first RPG with features that couldnt be done on the previous generation ,ASIDE HD graphics ...

And its true ,most of the 360 Jrpg have good graphics but are pretty standar and with SD graphics could be done on a PS2 or Xbox ....this White Knight Story will be the first JRPG that will put more things on the table.Character creation tool ,co-op online between players ,PSN features ,etc etc.

I'm sure character creation could be done on a PS2. Enchanted Arms had an online mode, so the online argument doesn't really work...

PSN features? Like what?

I'm seriously curious what makes this is more "next gen" than lets say, Lost Odyssey or Tales of Vesperia?

No you couldnt ...there was nowhere to save your created character.You could use the memory card but that would only allow something quite limited.

Co-op online gameplay is a step above Lost oddysey and tales of vesperia.Downloadable weapons through the PSN too.LO and TOV are ok games but to be fair they got a 8 or 8.4 at most .....not AAA titles by any means.

Theres some innovation in this game ,want to see it or not.

Around the Network

WKC/WKS will be huge.

It will be ther first JRPG to run in full 1080p

This new info about co-op and character creation is disappointing (I am being serious). These things need not be in a JRPG, I have a feeling this game will be like Infinite Undiscovery and FF12 in terms of gameplay. Now, I'm having some serious doubts about this one....

@ Soriku

They don't have bad stories, they're just not the best. L5's strong points have been great gameplay and graphics.

On par or better than the Tales series.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
outlawauron said:
@ Soriku

They don't have bad stories, they're just not the best. L5's strong points have been great gameplay and graphics.

On par or better than the Tales series.

Tales games have awesome stories. I guess Level 5's games have awesome stories too :P

I wouldn't call Tales stories "awesome" as much as I would call it "decent".  Level 5's stories weren't that good at first but have improved with Jeanne d'Arc and Professor Layton.

At OP looks very cool, if I had a PS3 I would import this game immediately.

@Diomedes you are just blowing smoke out of your ass, and upsetting peeps like me and Soriku, TOV is AAAAAAA =P. Mass Effect says hello to character creation as well as plenty of other games (Saints Row, Oblivion), co-op online Fable2 says hello, actually shoot I could even go way further back, didn't Phantasy Star Online have co-op play online? WKC is shaping up to an amazing game but don't be an elitist please.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

wow...this JRPG will rule!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Grahamhsu said:
At OP looks very cool, if I had a PS3 I would import this game immediately.

@Diomedes you are just blowing smoke out of your ass, and upsetting peeps like me and Soriku, TOV is AAAAAAA =P. Mass Effect says hello to character creation as well as plenty of other games (Saints Row, Oblivion), co-op online Fable2 says hello, actually shoot I could even go way further back, didn't Phantasy Star Online have co-op play online? WKC is shaping up to an amazing game but don't be an elitist please.

I believe they're talking about JRPG's only.   

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

Level 5 at first didn't have the really great stories, they were good, but not great, but they have really improved in this and they know they had to, because the company is growing to publish games on their own, and that's harder to accomplish than just develop for another company that takes the risk...