By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 10 reasons why the 360 will own this holiday season!

Squilliam said:
Lord N said:
Squilliam said:
starcraft said:
At first glance all of those reasons, whilst formidable, do not ensure the Xbox 360's dominance this holiday season.

Then you take a closer look at Reason 4.

+4

Fable 2 is the only fantasy WRPG of any note released on a console in the last two years.

This isn't a "JAS" (Just another shooter) type thing. It actually does have meaning to people. Its unlikely that a 4th or 5th excellent shooter release on any platform is likely to have much effect now.

You're really grasping at straws.

A game whose predecessor sold <3 million copies is not going to ensure any dominance whatsoever.

Huh? Dominance? I think we're all past the one game will ensure dominance phase really. But like I said, its one of the few WRPG releases of any note, and its probably the biggest fantasy WRPG release for 2 years since Oblivion so its probably worth something.

Starcraft's post which you quoted and said "+4" mentioned dominance, so I thought you agreed with him in that respect. If not, then disregard.

I'm sure that Fable will at least equal the sales of its predecessor, but other than that, I don't see it being anything special.

Consoles owned: Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PSP, DS, PS3

Around the Network

"Dominance" is not referring to sales dominance, here, it is referring to it "owning" the holiday season in the sense that, hey, it will offer the most fun and varied experience so you can brag that your console is better than the others.

Never forget where the roots of the console war are, guys: system quality, not system sales.

So basically the only reasonable ones are:

1. Gears 2 and;

2. Price Cut

disolitude said:
cwbys21 said:
@disolitude
Half of those games aren't over $30 actually. And that last paragraph screams fanboy to me, just so you know.

Someone on page two said that the article isn't about sales, it is reposted on a sales website, that is why we are talking about sales. And the title of the article is, "Why the 360 will own the holiday season," that sounds like selling the most consoles to me.

Personally, I thought the article was pretty weak. You have to trot out gta4 dlc for why the 360 will own the holiday season? Seriously?

GT5P, Siren and warhawk are over 30 where i live. Tekken 5 is also 29.99 last time I was browsing psn. I sold my ps3 before wipeout or ratchet came out but im pretty sure they arent less than 20 bucks.

Once you take away retail games being passed as PSN downloads...not much is left on psn.

Also, I don't think its a badly written article about the 360s strenghts  this holliday season. Someone should write one of these for ps3 and wii...and I think you may be surprised in seeing that 360 has once again, the most going for it this holliday season... However the wii should shit all over ps360 this holliday season.

You'd like to have these ones on the XBLA, right? come on! admit it!

By the way, Ratchet is 15$ and Wipeout is 20$

You should add Burnout Paradise to the list, which is also definitely worth it.

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

nice spin/trolling/damagecontrol sonyboys

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
Bokal said:
disolitude said:
cwbys21 said:
@disolitude
Half of those games aren't over $30 actually. And that last paragraph screams fanboy to me, just so you know.

Someone on page two said that the article isn't about sales, it is reposted on a sales website, that is why we are talking about sales. And the title of the article is, "Why the 360 will own the holiday season," that sounds like selling the most consoles to me.

Personally, I thought the article was pretty weak. You have to trot out gta4 dlc for why the 360 will own the holiday season? Seriously?

GT5P, Siren and warhawk are over 30 where i live. Tekken 5 is also 29.99 last time I was browsing psn. I sold my ps3 before wipeout or ratchet came out but im pretty sure they arent less than 20 bucks.

Once you take away retail games being passed as PSN downloads...not much is left on psn.

Also, I don't think its a badly written article about the 360s strenghts  this holliday season. Someone should write one of these for ps3 and wii...and I think you may be surprised in seeing that 360 has once again, the most going for it this holliday season... However the wii should shit all over ps360 this holliday season.

Id LOVE to have Siren...but thats besides the point. I can buy games like this in stores. XBL Arcade type of games stopped being made around the time ps2 came out...

PSN needs more games like Mortal Kombat 2...but I think Sony believes those games are not going to impress the general sony ps3 fanbase or something.

There is no chance of Microsoft selling 30 million by the end of the year, due to one indisputable fact: Microsoft cannot sell a console that has not been built. Getting to 30 million by the end of this year would require Microsoft to either make some 2.3 million units a month -which they simply can't do- or to have stockpiled at least 5 million units over the course of the year and make 1 million units per month on top of their current sales: exceedingly unlikely.

All three consoles will sell out this year. They virtually always do; even the unpopular ones manage. This makes the question of who can sell the most a simple question of who can build the most, and that is no question at all: Nintendo will dominate.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

disolitude said:
Bokal said:
disolitude said:
cwbys21 said:
@disolitude

Id LOVE to have Siren...but thats besides the point. I can buy games like this in stores. XBL Arcade type of games stopped being made around the time ps2 came out...

PSN needs more games like Mortal Kombat 2...but I think Sony believes those games are not going to impress the general sony ps3 fanbase or something.

You're right... I bought Mortal Kombat 2, and it's definitely my worst buy on the PSN... I played it like 3 times and removed it from my hard drive.

I guess that's why the PSN appeals more to me and why XBLA appeals to you. I have really good memories playing games like MK2 or streets of rage, but I'm not interested on playing them anymore. Even less on my PS3.

To me, revival is only fun if you play it on the same system and with the same tv/computer...
I want to play street fighter 2 on a SNES, and soul calibur on a dreamcast and duke nukem 3D on my old pentium 133. It's part of the experience.

What I want from PSN is to bring me new fun games.

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

@Bokal

Yeah that makes sense...

we've all played some of those games to death. But adding achievements and online play where there was no online play before breathes new life in to old titles.

MK2...thats all I played when I had a ps3...online ofcourse.

Bokal said:
disolitude said:
cwbys21 said:
@disolitude

Oh my god, open your eyes, its like if i said "the xbla is better because it has Banjoo n&b, Forza 2, Fable 2, DoA 4, Dead rising, (if those games could be downloaded on xbl) or the originals Halo, Fablle, Jade empire, ninja gaiden, psyconauts" and dont tell me than you wouldnt like to have those games on psn? But the xbla isnt there for that kind of games, is there for games like geometry wars, braid, castle crashers, pacman, galaga, doom, duke nukem, ikaruga and not just new games than can be downloaded from that channel.

Xbla is a whole experience different on psn with all of those games. You just cant compare those games on psn with the xbla games.

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation