By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sony on the DSi...

Reaction to the DSi thus far has been a little mixed. Yeah, it looks nice, but it also doesn’t look much different than the DS Lite. Yeah, it’s got a camera, but it’s lost the GBA slot. And if we can’t make up our minds about the device, why should we expect Sony to be any different? Sony director of hardware marketing John Koller:

I can see the DSi being successful. The DS lite was obviously very successful. Will DSi do well with [the DS's] demographic? It probably will. Will it be a product that expands their user base [beyond] under 12? I'm not sure.

I think Sony is a little jealous and scared...

Source: http://gizmodo.com/5058251/sony-fondles-new-ds-with-one-hand-bitchslaps-with-the-other

Source: http://kotaku.com/5059364/sony-on-the-dsi

Around the Network

Damn--I could've sworn I was 18! What am I doing in this dorm room, then?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

wow... the DS has sold to 82 million under 12 year olds..... Talk about demographic domination!!!

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Beyond 12? Isn't the DS successful because it sells to people over 12...?

Fail Sony.

true but maybe nintendo targetted mainly under 12s and i wouldnt say that is wrong with game like i think its called ""dogz"

Around the Network
Fernando said:

Reaction to the DSi thus far has been a little mixed. Yeah, it looks nice, but it also doesn’t look much different than the DS Lite. Yeah, it’s got a camera, but it’s lost the GBA slot. And if we can’t make up our minds about the device, why should we expect Sony to be any different? Sony director of hardware marketing John Koller:

I can see the DSi being successful. The DS lite was obviously very successful. Will DSi do well with [the DS's] demographic? It probably will. Will it be a product that expands their user base [beyond] under 12? I'm not sure.

I think Sony is a little jealous and scared...

I think you have the wrong quote because nothing in that quote shows fear or jealousy!

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

oliminator1994 said:
true but maybe nintendo targetted mainly under 12s and i wouldnt say that is wrong with game like i think its called ""dogz"

Nintendo didn't make "dogz". You don't say the 360 is aimed at 12 year olds because Rare made Viva Pinata for it.

oliminator1994 said:

VCChartz is the only thing that I accept with a Z at the end instead of an s (though I ain't happy about it) and with your that type of game a big and important game, I do think that that is aiming towards a youthful demographic, whereas I am not sure GoW CoO is really aimed at that audience

tbh, that "beyond" makes the entire quote fall or stand. Which is it he said?

sony you and your silly comments lol