By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Big Fat Mother/EarthBound Appreciation Thread

That part in Brawl was pretty awesome Rubang. :3

Ohhhh, honestly, I thought Mother 3 really picked up after chapter 4, or whenever it was when you started controlling Lucas and actually got some form of money.

Bleh, those trees sucked so much. They weakened you for the next monster. (It's not to hard to get through there if you remember where the Magic Butterflies spawn though) Those are my saving grace.

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:
I've never played a Mother game, but the part with Ness and Lucas in the Subspace Emissary in Brawl really touched my heart.

I'm surprised you never played it. I always thought you were this huge Nintendo fan who wouldn't ever miss any of their games. :3

Gonna have to second what Tokoro says. Mother 3 really doesn't pick up until you have your main party formed later in chapter 4 (maybe even as far as 5 or 6). It doesn't help either that you can only partially tell what's happening. Hopefully the fan translation will clear a bunch of stuff up.

CIHYFS?

Bleh I should be sleeping now, so I'm gonna, but I love this thread already and I hope more people start posting about the awesome that is Earthbound/Mother.

*grumble grumble* Stupid Titanic Ant.

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1

There's too many Nintendo games and I'm too busy. Some day I gotta give myself a month to strap myself down and catch up. This one's on the top of my list, followed by some other ones I won't name.

I think it took me a while to appreciate how awesome the bosses in EarthBound are, exactly, especially the Titanic Ant.

The Mother 3 bosses ae almost entirely different beasts, as far as I played.

Around the Network

Also guys I edited in a spoiler clause in there

Lord I managed to hose the background for the entire OP, what an eyesore

I believe a day is long enough to wait for a bump. Let the bumping commence!

And yea, it was bumped.

I pray there are more people who have played EarthBound on this site. It's okay, you ROM kiddies, you can come out, so long as you don't link or ask for ROMs yourselves.

I've had Earthbound threads before you even signed up for an account =D so I don't fail you do! lol good thread though. Love the Mr. T comic it's amazing I've never seen that. I'll find the zero punctuation video where he voices his love for the amazingness of Earthbound.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Khuutra said:
I pray there are more people who have played EarthBound on this site.

Your opener was just full of so much hostility and rage that we didn't think anyone was welcome.

noname2200 said:
Khuutra said:
I pray there are more people who have played EarthBound on this site.

Your opener was just full of so much hostility and rage that we didn't think anyone was welcome.

Ssshhh, it is all right

This is a place of healing

Sssshhhh