By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Big Fat Mother/EarthBound Appreciation Thread

BCrayfish said:

Tokoro said

(stuff)

Hmmm, pics might be good. I don't think it really needs it though. It'd just be to spice things up a little.

Of course we need them. How else are we going to relate great moments like this?

Who doesn't remember the first time this happened?

Dude. Friggin' suicidal trees. So much HP lost... so much.

Who here can honestly say they don't like getting the mushroom on their heads? I <3 EB so much. I will be playing Mother 3 when they finish the testing.

Currently playing: Civ 6

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
noname2200 said:
Khuutra said:
I pray there are more people who have played EarthBound on this site.

Your opener was just full of so much hostility and rage that we didn't think anyone was welcome.

Ssshhh, it is all right

This is a place of healing

Sssshhhh

Bull.

This is a place where we gather to celebrate a little boy who goes around crushing innocent animals and possessed bystanders by cracking their skulls with a baseball bat/setting them aflame/whatever other perversions he and his friends can come up with.

And that's why I like it.

I´ve never played a Earthbound game but I will if Nintendo release a compilation for DS or Wii.

I love Earthbound. I don't remember how I came across it. Probably at a yard sale like all of my nes and snes games, but it is labeled with Blockbuster on the front. I would always play it before going to school in the mornings, got in trouble a couple of times for taking to long and almost being late. My cartridge kept messing up on me though, I had to have lost my save file five times. And yet for some reason it stopped deleting them and I still have my first save file on the cartridge.

Khuutra said:
I think it took me a while to appreciate how awesome the bosses in EarthBound are, exactly, especially the Titanic Ant.

The Mother 3 bosses ae almost entirely different beasts, as far as I played.

Speaking of bosses.

To me, one of the coolest things is how the battle music changes. As you progress through the game Regular enemies start using the older bosses' battle music. I thought this was a awesome way to show how the enemies were getting stronger the further you got in the game. In fact just about everything they do with the music in general is awesome

CIHYFS?

Around the Network

ok now I have to get this game, its pretty expensive thoguh right? on ebay?

O-D-C said:

yeah it is normally above $150 for a good copy.  I have two copies incase one decides to not work.  I love Earthbound always have, as you can see from my sig. 

Earthbound is consistently ranked as one of the most wanted games of all-time, and it is suprising that not many people have played it.  Because it is the best rpg ever made.

The best part about the game is the randomly named enemies, like the Dali Clock, Disgruntled Lady, Struttin' Mushroom, etc.

Fact: Earthbound is the greatest game ever made

Pharaoh said:
O-D-C said:

yeah it is normally above $150 for a good copy.  I have two copies incase one decides to not work.  I love Earthbound always have, as you can see from my sig. 

Earthbound is consistently ranked as one of the most wanted games of all-time, and it is suprising that not many people have played it.  Because it is the best rpg ever made.

The best part about the game is the randomly named enemies, like the Dali Clock, Disgruntled Lady, Struttin' Mushroom, etc.

holycrap! I was execting the 70$ range, especially cuz I would get it with box and manual.

The box and manual are awesome, but you're much better off just going for the cart by itself. You will break the bank much less.

Or you could wait for the VC version, I guess.

If it ever comes out.

http://mother3.fobby.net/2008/10/06/testing-is-magic-cake/

I think now is probably a good time to talk about the Mother 3 Fan Translation Project.

I want to reclarify that we are on dangerous ground, here, so we need to be very open about what we are discussing.

The Fan Translation project provides neither resources nor links to either emulators nor Mother 3 ROMs. There is no illegal software to be found there, and the patch itself is being developed without any warranty, even the warranty of intending to fulfill a particular purpose.

With that in mind...

Who's excited!? I'm excited! My GBA cart is a lot of fun but boy I sure would like to be able to read what's being said.