By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Big Fat Mother/EarthBound Appreciation Thread

I'm currently in a play through.
My oldest brother bought the game when it first came out.
He got the Ness's Nightmare and quit.
I could never get past Frankie.
Then again I was like 4 or 5.
He finally beat it, I sort of lost interest.
We moved, since then I've never seen the cart. D:
I got a ROM and finally beat it, I was stuck to it.
A month later, beat it again.
Month after that, beat it again :D
Its my favorite game of all time, and I spend my days waiting for the Fan Translation to be finished.

I got tons of Fan art, here's a couple.

Ness in full Wind Waker 3D.

Skyrunner. Shiny.

I own all of lastgen systems as of October 2008. (Finally got a Dreamcast)

I own every currentgen system except PS3.

Around the Network

I cant wait for Mother 3! And the eventual release of Earthbound on VC. My brother has my SNES and playing it on PC is just not as fun :(

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

I wish Nintendo would release more than 2-3 games a week on VC. They probably have a list of a couple hundred games they could put on there right now but just like to slowly leak them out there.

They plan to run the VC for years and years, I'm sure. I just wish EarthBound wasn't so far down on their damned list.

There are thousands of games that where released on those older consoles, I realize not all of them aged well and were any good to begin with, but damn there were some all time classics (like Earthbound) that we are still waiting for. Worry about years down the line, years down the line. Give us these great games now.

Around the Network

They're probably saving it for a landmark like they did with Super Mario RPG. Blah, hopefully we don't have to wait for another 100 VC games to come out.

CIHYFS?

I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to do that.

One may hope not, though!

In my secret heart of hearts I still hope for a compilation to come out on the DS. That would be the bee's knees.

http://mother3.fobby.net/2008/10/11/testing-is-swamp-bicycle/

Gentlemen!

You all now have permission to freak out.

I wish I could remember more about Earthbound. I just remember playing it on the SNES and loving it to death. I hope it comes to the VC one day.