By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's Nintendo working on? Even more Wii and 3DS games.

Beuli2 said:
kopstudent89 said:
Beuli2 said:
kopstudent89 said:

hmmm Pikmin and Zelda next year... Star fox perhaps being worked on? I dont know. I can imagine another pokemon game, and maybe a new IP. But not sure...

Maybe retro will get a metroid game, but i feel it's too early

You forgot about NSMB Wii 2.

You're on fire :/ 

NSMB wii 2? naaah i dont think so at all... i think like MK and SSB, one 2D mario game for every gen is enough. SMG2 happened cuz miyamoto felt SMG had more potential

There were 3 in the NES generation. There, I just broke your logic.

SMB 1 - 1985

SMB2 (Loste Levels) - 1986

SMB2 - 1988

SMB3 - 1988

Yeah im just interpreting how they'll handle it from now onwards :/

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:

Wonder what retro will do now

DKCR2. ;)

kopstudent89 said:

hmmm Pikmin and Zelda next year... Star fox perhaps being worked on? I dont know. I can imagine another pokemon game, and maybe a new IP. But not sure...

I doubt a Wii Star Fox is happening considering the 3DS remake (of a remake, lol).  If it is, it's probably outsourced again (though hopefully to someone like Treasure or Platinum Games, rather than Namco or Q-Games).  Honestly, I'd rather see F-Zero Wii though.

Retro's done with Metroid, and they'll probably be on DKCR sequels the next few years.  

jarrod said:
kopstudent89 said:

I doubt a Wii Star Fox is happening considering the 3DS remake (of a remake, lol).  If it is, it's probably outsourced again (though hopefully to someone like Treasure or Platinum Games, rather than Namco or Q-Games).  Honestly, I'd rather see F-Zero Wii though.

Retro's done with Metroid, and they'll probably be on DKCR sequels the next few years.  

Hopefully, they've done a fantastic job. But then again, I wouldn't mind them taking on any franchise because everything they pump out is top quality.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:

Hopefully, they've done a fantastic job. But then again, I wouldn't mind them taking on any franchise because everything they pump out is top quality.

A Retro-made Zelda could be interesting.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

Mario Sports Mix released today in Japan for the Wii, developed by Square Enix.

Next release: Hydroventure on Dec. 6.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Cheebee said:
trestres said:

A Retro-made Zelda could be interesting.

It was happening actually, NCL shitcanned the project because the direction wasn't looking good.  That's (partially) why some of the studio vets left in 2008 to form Armature.  Then Retro got DK to work on in late 2008 / early 2009.

jarrod said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Wonder what retro will do now

DKCR2. ;)

Yes please. It is thier best game as of the moment. To me it is my GOTY and best Wii game. They took what could have been a simple game and poored there hearts into it. So much detail in the level design and so many ideas used well. It is a proper sequal to the Donkey Kong Countrys of the SNES. They took it more seriously than what was done with New Super Mario Bros Wii and it shows as soon as you start playing.

Hydroventure released today for WiiWare in the USA.

It's the last release of the year from Nintendo.

Nex releases: Charo for the DS The Last Story for Wii both at the end of January.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:

Hydroventure released today for WiiWare in the USA.

It's the last release of the year from Nintendo.

Nex releases: Charo for the DS The Last Story for Wii both at the end of January.

Is that what they call it in Europe? O.O; Fluidity sounds WAY better.