By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's Nintendo working on? Even more Wii and 3DS games.

3 I guess, like I've stated in the previous page, along with 3 GC ports.

But E3 could change my mind about Nintendo. Remember we only got 2 new games and 3 GC ports in the first half, what I expect for the second is better, although bad by the past Nintendo standards

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

Wii-no-ma (Wii's video channel) Has just been released in Japan.
WarioWare: Made in Ore too.

Another internal team that is free.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Added developers for missing games.

- Start w/ 100 Conversations! English Conversation, developed by NHK Educational

- Everyone’s the Star on the NHK Red-and-White Quiz Battle, developed by NHK Enterprise

- Kensax, developed by Shift

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver added, developed by Game Freak.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

What do you make of the increase in employees (4100 now)?

To me it signals they are trying to improve the number of games put out per team or that they are increasing the number of internal teams.

I think alot of is because they effectively need six teams now:

Wiiware/Wii Channel teams

Wii game teams

DSWare/DS Channel teams

DS games

Wii successor prototyping teams

DS successor prototyping teams

That shouldn't really change much in the near future - digital distribution is here to stay at least until the new boxes become unneccesary completely.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network
Soriku said:
And there's the possibility of them making Wii games as well.

And we already know Monolith and EAD are.

Matsumo RPG?Monolith RPG?Xenogears?

TheSource said:

What do you make of the increase in employees (4100 now)?

To me it signals they are trying to improve the number of games put out per team or that they are increasing the number of internal teams.

I think alot of is because they effectively need six teams now:

Wiiware/Wii Channel teams

Wii game teams

DSWare/DS Channel teams

DS games

Wii successor prototyping teams

DS successor prototyping teams

That shouldn't really change much in the near future - digital distribution is here to stay at least until the new boxes become unneccesary completely.

Yeah, the more people, the more games that can be made, although it could also mean marketing, localization, comercial or other kinds of emplyees. At least with the creation of Projetc Sora, some of these new employees are gonna make games.

We will see, but it's strange that we only know about 3 teams' work, while 22 teams are there in a misterious mission, because we haven't known about more than 3 teams' work max at one give time since early 2008.

It's time to open the flood gates, because 22 teams can't be doing nothing.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

We can hope! And then hope for NoA to bring the games :(

E3 is less than a month away, so we will see.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Im bored here's my massive speculation post.

Nintendo First/Second Party Teams:

EAD Software Group No. 1

Previous games: Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, Nintendogs, Cooking Guide: Can't Decide What to Eat?, Mario Kart DS, Mario Kart Wii. Pikmin?

Working on: Nintendogs 2 (Wii)

EAD Software Group No. 2

Previous games: Animal Crossing: City Folk, Wii Play, Wii Sports, Wii Music and co-developed Star Fox Command.

Working on: Wii Sports: Resort (Wii)

EAD Software Group No. 3

Previous games: Zelda Team, made every Zelda game with the exception of those made by third party devs: The Legend of Zelda, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Link's Crossbow Training.

Working on: The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (DS)

EAD Software Group No. 4

Previous games: Mario Platformers Handheld Team, made Super Mario Advance, Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World, Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island, Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario 64 DS, Yoshi Touch and Go, New Super Mario Bros., Big Brain Academy, Pikmin and Pikmin 2.

Working on: Pikmin Spinoff (DS)

EAD Software Group No. 5

Previous games: Wii Fit.

Working on: Wii Fit + (Wii)

EAD Software Group Tokyo

Previous games: Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, Super Mario Galaxy.

Working on: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)

Nintendo Software Technology

Previous games: Bionic Commando: Elite Forces, Crystalis, Ridge Racer 64, Pokémon Puzzle League, Wave Race: Blue Storm, Nintendo Puzzle Collection (Japan Only), The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest, The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition, 1080° Avalanche,  Mario vs. Donkey Kong, Ridge Racer DS, Metroid Prime Hunters, Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis.

Working on: 1080° (Wii)

Nintendo Software Planning and Development 1

Previous games: Metroid Fusion, Metroid Zero Mission, WarioWare Inc.: Mega Microgame$! and co-developed Card Hero DS and every other WarioWare game.

Working on: Metroid Dread (DS)

Nintendo Software Planning and Development 2

Previous games: Mahjong DS, Tetris DS, Dr. Mario Online Rx and co-developed Planet Puzzle League, Super Princess Peach.

Working on: Tetris Express (DSiW)

Nintendo Software Planning and Development 3

Previous games: Responsible for overseeing the development of titles by overseas and second-party teams. Co-developed Battalion Wars, Battalion Wars 2, Excite Truck, Geist, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Mother 3.

Working on: Overseeing 2nd party devs.

Nintendo Software Planning and Development 4

Previous games: DS Letter Training and the Wii Channels.

Working on: More Wii Channels (Wii) / Pictochat Online (DS)

Brownie Brown

Previous games: Magical Vacation, Sword of Mana, Mother 3, Magical Starsign, Heroes of Mana, Blue Dragon Plus.

Working on: Next Mana game (DS)

Intelligent Systems

Previous games: Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, WarioWare: Smooth Moves, Super Paper Mario, Advance Wars: Dual Strike, Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, Card Hero DS, Planet Puzzle League, WarioWare: Touched!, WarioWare: Made in Ore, Fire Emblem DS and many more games for every other Nintendo platform. They also made hardware like the Gameboy Player, the Super Gameboy 1 & 2, etc.

Working on: Paper Mario (Wii)

Monolith Soft

Previous games: Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille zur Macht, Xenosaga: Episode I: Reloaded, Xenosaga Freaks, Xenosaga Episode II: Jenseits von Gut und Böse, Xenosaga Episode III: Also sprach Zarathustra, Namco x Capcom, Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean, Baten Kaitos Origins, Xenosaga: Episode I & II, Soma Bringer, Mugen no Frontier: Super Robot Wars OG Saga, Disaster: Day of Crisis.

Working on: Disaster: Day Of Crisis (Wii) localisation

Retro Studios

Previous games: Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Metroid Prime Hunters, Raven Blade (Cancelled).

Working on: Legend Of Zelda Spinoff (Wii)

Project Sora

Previous games: None

Working on: Unknown (Likely a Wii fighting game or adventure game)

AlphaDream

Previous games: Koto Battle: Tengai no Moribito, Tomato Adventure, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, Hamtaro: Rainbow Rescue, Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Games, Tottoko Hamtaro Hai! Ham-Chans no Ham Ham Challenge! Atsumare wa!, Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time.

Working on: Mario & Luigi RPG 3 (DS) localisation

Ambrella

Previous games: Hey You, Pikachu!, Pokémon Channel, Pokémon Dash, My Pokémon Ranch.

Working on: Pokemon games and apps for DSi Ware (DSiW)

Camelot

Previous games: Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, Golden Sun, Mobile Golf, Golden Sun: The Lost Age, Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, Mario Golf: Advance Tour, Mario Power Tennis, Mario Tennis: Power Tour, We Love Golf! and many more games for other non-Nintendo platforms before the GC era.

Working on: Mario Tennis (Wii) with Wii Motion +

Game Freak

Previous games: Yoshi, Nontan to Issho! Kuru-Kuru Puzzle, Pokémon Red/Green/Blue, Pokémon Yellow, Game Boy Camera, Pokémon Gold and Silver, Pokémon Crystal, Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire, Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen, Pokémon Emerald, Drill Dozer, Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, Pokémon Platinum.

Working on: Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver

Genius Sonority

Previous games: Pokémon Colosseum, Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness, Pokémon Trozei, Pokémon Battle Revolution, Dragon Quest Swords.

Working on: Pokemon Battle Revolution 2

HAL Laboratory

Previous games: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards, Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Stadium 2, Shigesato Itoi's No. 1 Bass Fishing, Super Smash Bros., SimCity 64, SimCopter 64,Kirby Air Ride, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Adventures of Lolo, Ghostbusters II, HAL Wrestling, Kirby's Block Ball, Kirby's Dream Land, Kirby's Dream Land 2, Kirby's Pinball Land, Kirby's Star Stacker, Revenge of the 'Gator, Shanghai, Trax, Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble, Battland, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror, Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land, Luna Blaze, Mother 3, Kirby Canvas Curse, Kirby Squeak Squad, Pokémon Ranger, Pokémon Ranger: Batonnage, Kirby Super Star Ultra, Super Smash Bros. Brawl and a hell lot more games for older systems starting from the SNES. Note that they mostly work on handhelds since the GBA appeared, just 2 Cube games and 1 Wii game.

Working on: Kirby (Wii)

ND CUBE

Previous games: F-Zero series, Tube Slider.

Working on: Nothing

Noise

Previous games: Custom Robo, Custom Robo V2, Custom Robo GX, Custom Robo Battle Revolution, Custom Robo Arena.

Working on: Custom Robo (DS)

Skip Ltd.

Previous games: Bit Generation series for GBA, Chibi-Robo!: Park Patrol, LOL, Chibi-Robo!: Plug Into Adventure!, GiFTPiA, Captain Rainbow, Art Style: ORBIENT, Art Style: CUBELLO, Art Style: ROTOHEX, DSiWare Art Style games.

Working on: Art Style series (Wii/DS)

Didn't Surfer Girl have a rumor a while ago that either Monolith and/or Project Sora were working with Nintendo's internal teams on an rpg which could rival mainline Final Fantasys and Dragon Quests in Japan?

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu