By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie: Mario, Zelda, etc. absolutely coming. Just wait for the surpise.

Pete_Beast said:
They still have alot of other games to play around with. Besides Mario and Zelda, there's still Pikmin, Donkey Kong, Wave Race, F-Zero, 007, and the one I'm personally waiting for: StarFox Wii. SF 64 was and is my favorite game of all time, and the only game I believe is possible of beating it, is another StarFox game.

Pikmins crossed out because its already coming.

The others are crossed out because theyre not gonna happen. Keep dreaming though because it'll only make you angrier.=P

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Why wouldnt there be another mario and zelda?

Dont nintendo release those games every 2 years?

N64 + GC + Wii have 3 proper mario games, which is what is under discussion

GC + Wii so far has 2 proper zelda games

That seems to be more 1 every 4 years or so.

By contrast, CoD is getting  game a year,

Halo has had 3 games over a similar timeframe as the last two zelda.

Anyway, I can't wait. I'm expecting big things :)

im more worried about fatal frame 4, no signs coming to NA

new mario, zelda, pikman, icarus, bowser, star fox, i can wait

UGH. Not this topic again, I bet you all wait for Kingdom Hearts 3 and Kid Icarus too?

It'll happen, but like I said not this too soon maybe it'll announced in October 2009 conference but not this too soon. Why cant we just be glad that Sin and Punishment 2 and Punch out are announced?

And about Disaster and Fatal Frame 4 of course it'll be released in North america its just the october conference are for Ninty's new Ips, not for release dates....

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

dougsdad0629 said:
TheBigFatJ said:
RolStoppable said:
Where's F-Zero? Where's Wave Race?

I don't care for the casualized sequels to Mario and Zelda.

Casualized Mario and Zelda?  Galaxy is the best game released this generation and Zelda: Twilight Princess is one of the best Zelda games yet.

Yeah, I don't get that statement either.  There is nothing casual about either of those games.  2 of the best games I've ever had the pleasure of playing.

Dougsdad is new, so it's acceptable, but TheBigFatJ should know that Rol uses sarcasm 99.9% of the time.  If you, by chance, think you've encountered that elusive .1%, you're probably wrong; look harder for the secret message.

Around the Network

Well Im already contented on what Ninty got, so theres seem no problem to me. The one that are still complaining arent just fans or just trollling on the "internetz"

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

wheres captain olimar?

.jayderyu said:
Nintendo aims at a 1 very polished game itteration per console generation. Zelda TP seems to be an anomoly in the time scale aiming at a GC release. So we will see a dedicated Wii Zelda. SMG however is a dedicated Wii Mario platformer. So I don't doubt that we won't see another until Wii2.

Actually, that's not true. The SNES is the only console that didn't have two Zeldas - the NES had LoZ and AoL, the N64 had OoT and Majora's Mask, and the Gamecube had Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. The Wii would arguably be breaking this cycle again.

leo-j said:
Why wouldnt there be another mario and zelda?

Dont nintendo release those games every 2 years?

usually one super mario game per generation, and two zeldas per generation.. so no, not really

*sighs*.... i'll wait for a Zelda announcement...

4 ≈ One