By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie: Mario, Zelda, etc. absolutely coming. Just wait for the surpise.

RolStoppable said:
Soriku said:
Because Mario team doesn't make F-Zero...do they?

First, Nintendo is shifting their developers around, I believe to prevent them from getting bored from always working on the same series. The "Iwata asks" interviews for Twilight Princess revealed that quite a lot of the people working on the game were making Zelda for the first time and had previously only worked on other franchises.

Second, there's too much time between Super Mario releases that it's hard to believe that the team would only be making Super Mario games and taking roughly five years for each one. They don't make Mario Kart, because the last iterations of this series were released to closely to the last iterations of the Super Mario games. All other Mario spinoffs are developed externally (well, Paper Mario is made by Intelligent Systems).

So by combining these two points it's likely that a team which made a platformer, can also be capable of making a game in a different genre with the help of some people who have worked on such games previously. Or I am just making up all this because I want them to make F-Zero.

I agree!

I wonder what F-Zero with the Wii Wheel will look like...

Around the Network

What team made F-Zero GX? Wasn't it one of SEGA's?

They should also make the next one, because GX is the best, and disagreeing on this point is admitting that one is a communist.

We know they are coming. Hell, Nintendo is making a Mario and Luigi RPG for the DS. Remember they got 2 platforms to develop games for.

What really blows my mind is that almost every game Nintendo announced yesterday is either a new IP or a revival. I'm still waiting for DK (since the N64 days), Star Fox, Pikmin, F-Zero, Eternal Darkness, Zelda, Wave Race, Pilotwings, Mario Golf/Tennis, Golden Sun, Earthbound and Kid Icarus. But knowing that Nintendo will re-release some GC games, Pikmin 3 for example won't be out until the 2 GC games are out, and that's late 2009 I guess.

At least they announced one of the rumored games, Punch-Out. Basing ourselves on that, Kid Icarus is probably true and will be announced at next year's GDC.

Oh I also want FF4 and Disaster to come to America... Are they ever gonna get released here? Captain Rainbow would be good too :P (Never gonna happen)

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Nintendo should have 2 Zelda teams like Activision has for COD.

craighopkins said:

Nintendo should have 2 Zelda teams like Activision has for COD.

I'd rather have Zelda always made by the best team.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
DMeisterJ said:

@ rol

LOL. you are horrible for the sites reputation.

I know, but I don't care. I am also horrible for my country's reputation, but I don't care for what the other Australians think of me either.

@leo-j: No.

@vbelowme: I don't have a sleeping pattern.

Well you amuse me, so please continue.

RolStoppable said:
Khuutra said:
What team made F-Zero GX? Wasn't it one of SEGA's?

They should also make the next one, because GX is the best, and disagreeing on this point is admitting that one is a communist.

I'd rather be a communist than saying GX is the best. The original and X are better.

You've been blacklisted.

Sorry.

RolStoppable said:
dougsdad0629 said:
TheBigFatJ said:
RolStoppable said:
Where's F-Zero? Where's Wave Race?

I don't care for the casualized sequels to Mario and Zelda.

Casualized Mario and Zelda?  Galaxy is the best game released this generation and Zelda: Twilight Princess is one of the best Zelda games yet.

Yeah, I don't get that statement either.  There is nothing casual about either of those games.  2 of the best games I've ever had the pleasure of playing.

I have to work much harder on my popularity.

I don't know if you are being sarcastic or not but Zelda TP was definitely made for idiots.  There are some puzzles that take time to figure out, but they treat you like an idiot by telling you again and again that a blue rupee is worth 5 and they keep telling you how to use bombs whenever you get some more and same with arrows.  And some of the bosses are ridiculously easy.  Like the spider in the second forest temple took I think 4 or 5 hits to kill him.  Stun him with arrows, smash using the scepter that controlls statues, repeat.  It was definately the easiest Zelda I had ever played and I have played a few.

cwbys21, I would call that a minor annoyance, it's not like it's anywhere near a game-breaking problem. Personally, I liked TP the most of all Zelda games. :p

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

cwbys21 said:
RolStoppable said:
dougsdad0629 said:
TheBigFatJ said:
RolStoppable said:
Where's F-Zero? Where's Wave Race?

I don't care for the casualized sequels to Mario and Zelda.

Casualized Mario and Zelda?  Galaxy is the best game released this generation and Zelda: Twilight Princess is one of the best Zelda games yet.

Yeah, I don't get that statement either.  There is nothing casual about either of those games.  2 of the best games I've ever had the pleasure of playing.

I have to work much harder on my popularity.

I don't know if you are being sarcastic or not but Zelda TP was definitely made for idiots.  There are some puzzles that take time to figure out, but they treat you like an idiot by telling you again and again that a blue rupee is worth 5 and they keep telling you how to use bombs whenever you get some more and same with arrows.  And some of the bosses are ridiculously easy.  Like the spider in the second forest temple took I think 4 or 5 hits to kill him.  Stun him with arrows, smash using the scepter that controlls statues, repeat.  It was definately the easiest Zelda I had ever played and I have played a few.

It's been explained a thousand times.  After playing several games in a series, it begins to seem easier and easier.  TP was the easiest Zelda for me, but that had more to do with me already knowing how to think through most puzzles and such than absolute difficulty.  I'm pretty sure it was around the same difficulty as OoT and the others.  Explanations are for people NEW to the game, not you.  I don't see what's wrong with creating a game that's playable by more than people who're loyal to the franchise.  Isn't the goal traditionally to expand the userbase O.o?

Oh, and Rol is sarcastic.  Always.