By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sin and Punishment 2 is a dream come true (rhymes!) With Screens.

VonShigsy said:

I don't know about you, but when i heard back then  (n64 era) that Sin wasn't coming to US and Europe i was pissed off for a year. Thank god for vc... and now this, pure bliss. And disolitude, i can't argue with you about it, (personal opinions and all that.) but damn you to hell for reminding me Jet force Gemini and why we'll never get a sequel. Damn you Rare!

Why no sequel? Nintendo console may not get sequel...but as banjo proved...anything is possible

Around the Network

Whoa man!!! Those screens looks awesome. You know what, this makes me want to go buy a Wii right this second.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

man I just beat it a little while ago, and when I look at those screens I want to go beat it again. Damn it's a sweet game.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

disolitude said:
JGarret said:
What´s this game about?

Which system was the original S & P released on?

N64, you can get it on Virtual console on the Wii...game was good for the time but not a classic due to horrid visuals by todays stadards.

You know what man, I like your opinions on a lot of games, but you are a damn Wii hater, and I'm gonna have to tell it like it is, right now.

I've seen you going off on this conference, talking about how you don't see anything good out of it, or whatever, and just the other day, you were flaming the Wii and I had to say something about it as well.

It's bullcrap dude. Why do you even do that. It ruins your credibility, when you could be a great poster, why the hell do you do that?

First, and most importantly, games don't cease being classics because graphics improve. You are basically thinking that if graphics don't hold up well, then a game was unplayable and not as good as we originally thought. Wrong. Sin and Punishment has just about the best graphics on the N64, and it's one of the best games on the VC. You can check the reviews for said game, to find that out. Secondly, the only reason it isn't a Starfox level classic to all of us, including you, is because the game wasn't released in the US. Go back and play it, the game kicks ass.

This is the most underground title on the 64. People spend hundreds of dollars importing this. It also happens to be one of the best games on that console, and if it wasn't for the non importation, it would be a classic here like it is in Japan. Ease up off the hate. This is big news and great news for people who own that console. What you say is the equivelant of my flaming SotN because the VA sucked. Some fanboy told me the other day on this board that SotN wasn't a classic, or that great at all really, because of the poor VA. You are reminding me of him. That's the worst insult I can think of.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Ahh, man I'm just starting to get better at Brawl too, I understand how to play that game a bit now, I was hoping that prehaps I wouldn't need to stop playing it until MH3... Mega Man 9 couldn't even stop me... Drakengard 2 stoped me for a little while though. ( I just had to get the very hard ending) I haven't cursed at a game in a long time... Drakengard AI is just corny and cheap and lame on very hard, dumb soldiers who poke you at random moments and do insane damage as well as stop your combos for others to poke you.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network
disolitude said:
VonShigsy said:

I don't know about you, but when i heard back then  (n64 era) that Sin wasn't coming to US and Europe i was pissed off for a year. Thank god for vc... and now this, pure bliss. And disolitude, i can't argue with you about it, (personal opinions and all that.) but damn you to hell for reminding me Jet force Gemini and why we'll never get a sequel. Damn you Rare!

Why no sequel? Nintendo console may not get sequel...but as banjo proved...anything is possible

Yes i meant on a nintendo console. And besides, since Conker was a flop and Banjo is anything but the old Banjo i'm not sure that they should release a sequel.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

@ZenfoldorVGI

Well...I appreciate your judgment on my post as usual...and I do own the game on the VC...however I thought the visuals hurt my gaming experience. I think this is the standard case of "I didn't get to play it when I wanted to...and I really wanted to...so when I play it now, i'll pretend its awesome" syndrome.

Infact there was a game called Charge N' Blast for the dreamcast...that came out even before Sin and Punishment...and played very similar. Except it looked better, sounded better and played "cleaner"... but no one is calling it a classic as evryone got to play it.

In any case I'm looking forward to renting the sequel...

And as far as my wii hate is concerned...Sin and Punishment 2 is the only game nintendo announced today that would appeal to me in any way. People are calling this conference a "megaton" a "home run"... I am having a really hard time seeing why and I'm voicing my opinion. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Some of us didn not grow up with nintendo...and we don't automaticcally see every old nintendo franchise as a AA game. Can you explain to me why Punch out Wii should be any more exciting or even as good as Fight Night 4...which is a sequel to an amazing boxing game from a few years back?

You can't seriously be comparing charge N blast to Sin and Punishment. Even if conceptually they are the same, charge N blast isn't anywhere near the quality of Sin and Punishment even if it is running on better hardware.

Charge n blast on gamerankings average 63%. I can't find Sin and Punishment on there, but it is definately above a 6. Now you can't rely on reviews for everything obviously but it shows the difference in quality. Blast n Charge was a mediocre shooter, Sin and Punishment was the N64s swan song, a truly bad ass run and gun game bursting with style, great bosses, level design and music.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

@dissolute

That game looks awesome to me, when I get back I'll play it and comment on your board just how your statement stands up, but I'm not commenting on your opinion because it's just that.... you are being very trendy right now though.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

The_vagabond7 said:
You can't seriously be comparing charge N blast to Sin and Punishment. Even if conceptually they are the same, charge N blast isn't anywhere near the quality of Sin and Punishment even if it is running on better hardware.

Charge n blast on gamerankings average 63%. I can't find Sin and Punishment on there, but it is definately above a 6. Now you can't rely on reviews for everything obviously but it shows the difference in quality. Blast n Charge was a mediocre shooter, Sin and Punishment was the N64s swan song, a truly bad ass run and gun game bursting with style, great bosses, level design and music.

There was nothing wrong with charge n blast... http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/drm/chargenblast

It was a great little arcade shooter just like sin and punishment. Sin and punishment wouldn't have scored much higher than this when it was released...remember PS2 was already out when this game was released. I believe its a standard Kirk Cobain case here...the game never got a fair shake in its day hence the myth hyped it up to AAA status.

But hey...if some people enjoy it as much as other AAA games like Resident evil 4 and Halo...my opinion is a grain of salt.