By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sin and Punishment 2 is a dream come true (rhymes!) With Screens.

The_vagabond7 said:
disolitude said:
Gamespot import review in 2000 gave sin and punishment - 7.1

http://www.gamespot.com/n64/action/sinandpunishmentsote/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;read-review

Gamespot VC review in 2007 gave it - 8.0

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/sinandpunishmentsote/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;read-review

How can game get better over a 7 year time frame?

Both review mention the low polygon count lets lots of things appear on screen. I don't know...but some may interpret this as hard to see what to shoot at...

I'm sorry, but you're just wrong. You don't have to like the game if you don't want to, but by now it's just trolling. They didn't say it was hard to know what you were shooting at, it said it had alot of enemies on screen, and used low poly count enemies to achieve that. No one but you would interpret it that way. Go find some videos to illustrate your point, there are plenty on youtube that are of poor quality that should help your case.

How can a game get better over a 7 year time frame? You'd be hard pressed to find anyone that would give the original Super Mario Bros less than a 10 now a days. If a game ages well, and manages to transcend it's time period, yes it will get better scores now than it did originally. There are alot of things that are appreciated more with age.

I dont' see how posting reviews and comparisons to back up my opinion is trolling.

Here is a 9.0 review for Super mario bros.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/770/770594p1.html

And here is one for 8.3

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/smb/index.html?tag=result;title;6

I will bet you any money Mario scored 10s across the board when it came out...but today not so much even though that truly is a classic. Sin and punishment isnt in the same universe as mario in terms of being a classic...

From the looks of things, you are just making up arguments here to try to prove the game you like very much is a classic...which it isn't. Its a fun arcade shooter that gets boring in an hour after you beat it.

US was N64s largest market and Japan was the weakest...why would they leave the game in Japan if indeed the game was an amazing addition to n64s gaming library?

Around the Network

forget it, you can say it's not all you want but the fact of the matter is everybody loves it, and is thrilled to see a sequel. You don't have to like it if you don't want to, but to try and deny that thousands upon thousands do is dumb, and to try and say that they shouldn't like it as much as they do is even stupider.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
disolitude said:

Can you explain to me why Punch out Wii should be any more exciting or even as good as Fight Night 4...which is a sequel to an amazing boxing game from a few years back?

Because Punchout and Super Punchout are way better....but that's just my opinion.

So, I guess it's a truth that defies explaination. Why is Punchout better than Fight Night round 5? Why is the sky blue? Why is the grass green? Why is SotN better than Uncharted? Why is Godfather 2 better than Pirates of the Carribean? These questions all have one thing in common. It's impossible to form an argument to prove they are correct, but it's undeniable that they simply are.

I suggest you invest in an emulator.

Just for the record, insulting Sin and Punishment is one thing, but flaming Punchout is an entirely different type of hit to your credibility. That's like flaming The Beatles and saying NSync pwns them hard. It really is right up there. Go tell anyone else that FNr4(a game more reputable for its easy achievements than its gameplay innovations) is greater than Mike Tyson's Punchout, lol. See what they tell ya.

I blame Nostalgia...Zero Tolerance had a review of castle crashers and Bionic commando the other day and he stated that some kid in 15 years will argue how Halo 1 is so much better than inter galactic space shooter 3000...and that he is wrong. Also that the new Zelda and Mario are superior in every way to Ocarina of time and Mario 64.

I completely agree with him on thatthat...

I played all the snes games worth playing on emulators in 1999-2001...I always had Sega so I missed them at their release date. I played light crusader and LAndstalker on genesis before I played Zelda on sens. And guess what...I like those 2 games much more as they were my first experiences with action rpgs. Landstalker is still in my top 10 of all time...and surely its not as good as mass effect. But im blinded with my childhood memories of this game which was my FIRST experience of that type of game.

In any case...I never played punchout so I don't know what you’re talking about...just looking at those screens I can say that I am not really excited about it. You having played the old game as kid...and having memories of the game bringing you joy...automatically gave this game the free pass and will most definitely enjoy the new one.

Seriously kids, why are you feeding the troll? Disolitude loves to try and rile Wii fans up for some reason. Just ignore him and move on with better conversations. Regardless of any types of facts you bring into the equation he will keep on chugging away with inflamatory remarks.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Gnizmo said:
Seriously kids, why are you feeding the troll? Disolitude loves to try and rile Wii fans up for some reason. Just ignore him and move on with better conversations. Regardless of any types of facts you bring into the equation he will keep on chugging away with inflamatory remarks.

Sadly it seems like I'm the only one bringing facts here, such as reviews and comparison videos...

Everyone else seems to be doing the..."Its a classic because we say so"...routine.

Around the Network

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=1289264

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=1288725

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=1288647

If you are going to troll you should at least read the responses you are getting so you don't give yourself away completely. Honestly, how could you be trying to have any kind of intelligent discussion and completely forget these posts which includes one you responded to.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

So if it was played before and you like it, it's nostalgia, if you didn't play it before but you're playing it now and you like it, it's because you're hyping up what you missed?

How about a different theory. Past quality as an indicator of future quality. It's flawed, but it's done constantly, it's done with any sequel. How about the possibility of it mimicking the style and gameplay of it's predecessors? Super Punch out is very different from fight night, you would know if you had played it. There is definately a reason to be excited by that over Fight night. You try to argue that old games suck compared to their modern counterparts, and the only reason for liking them is nostalgia, which is insane.

Forget it, this is stupid. First I thought that you were capable of reason, and just wrong, but the more you talk the more you sound like a troll. Call it blase to rely on that argument, but it's still true. You seem to think that your opinion on games is objective and everyone else's is subjective.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

disolitude said:
Gnizmo said:

Sadly it seems like I'm the only one bringing facts here, such as reviews and comparison videos...

Everyone else seems to be doing the..."Its a classic because we say so"...routine.

You were shown a video of S&P that outright showed you were wrong and just said it was because of the quality of video. You're being as biased as anyone else. The difference is you think your one voice contradicts thousands of other voices, and are attempting to explain the probable cause of why all those thousands of voices are so stupid and wrong and you are right. Do you not see the absurdity of that?

Why is it that one is always acused of being a troll by nintendo fans as soon as he challenges a nintendo game/franchise?

I will not lie that I made a personal mission to attack this game someway half way through this thread...but only because it was getting the praise it didnt deserve. Panzer Dragon Zwei on sega saturn is a similar type of game and completely owns Sin and Punishment in every espect. That can be said is a classic...from the year 2000...games like Shenmue and Resident Evil code veronica should be considered classics. You can't argue that Sin and Punishment is on the same level as games like those 2. ..it came out after both.

Now all of a sudden that nintendo decided to dig up an old game and is making a sequel to it...that old game turns in to a complete classic while no one ever mentioned it on these forums before today. Give me a break!

I definetly consider Sin and Punishment to be a fun game...but is one of Treasures worst efforts...they never got a handle of 3D shooters I guess.

EDIT: Also, you can thank me and my challenging the popular opinion here since your thread got probably 50% of more replies than it would have because of it

....Code Veronica is a classic now?