By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sin and Punishment 2 is a dream come true (rhymes!) With Screens.

You're right, Panzer does deserve credit. That's a fantastic game too, shen mue definately, Code Veronica very debatable. But here's the difference between you and me, I'm not going to insist that Code Veronica is the worst RE, definately not a classic, anyone who likes it is just a capcom mouth whore or the like. I'm not going to pretend that my opinion is more important than thousands of RE fans (of which I am one of).

Loving for Sin And Punishment isn't just a recent VGchartz phenomenon. It's been a respected and loved game since it launched, and got recognition again when it was released for the first time in the US. Retrogamer magazine named it one of the top 25 shooters of all time, reviews across the board are overwhelmingly positive. But you don't like it, so it must be underserved. How many times have people mentioned Panzer Dragoon Zwei on the forums? If a new Panzer Dragoon was announced you can bet your ass it would be now.

I'm not calling you a troll for making it your mission to attack Sin and Punishment, I'm calling you a troll because you're taking several steps further than necessary, or is in good taste. You don't like the game, fine. But to say that is is factually a mediocre game and if you love it then it's because you are a fanboy, or are wearing nostalgia glasses, or alternatively claiming that it's just being hyped up because it wasn't released in the US until recently. All of which are just dumb, dumb, dumb arguments. You are trying to make your opinion into fact which is always a dumb ass thing to do.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network
disolitude said:

Why is it that one is always acused of being a troll by nintendo fans as soon as he challenges a nintendo game/franchise?

I will not lie that I made a personal mission to attack this game someway half way through this thread...but only because it was getting the praise it didnt deserve. Panzer Dragon Zwei on sega saturn is a similar type of game and completely owns Sin and Punishment in every espect. That can be said is a classic...from the year 2000...games like Shenmue and Resident Evil code veronica should be considered classics. You can't argue that Sin and Punishment is on the same level as games like those 2. ..it came out after both.

Now all of a sudden that nintendo decided to dig up an old game and is making a sequel to it...that old game turns in to a complete classic while no one ever mentioned it on these forums before today. Give me a break!

I definetly consider Sin and Punishment to be a fun game...but is one of Treasures worst efforts...they never got a handle of 3D shooters I guess.

EDIT: Also, you can thank me and my challenging the popular opinion here since your thread got probably 50% of more replies than it would have because of it

There might be a bit of a connection there.... Nah. Clearly the two must be unrelated. Also, I assure you this game would be defended as a cult classiic regardless of platform. Treasure does nothing but cult hits.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

When rol speaks, law is made. Topic is victory.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

RolStoppable said:

I was surprised how clean (for an N64 game) Sin & Punishment looked when I played it for the first time on the Wii. Also the framerate was stable at 30 fps through out the whole game with a very short exception during the second level. With the amount of moving objects on screen this was outstanding for an N64 game.

Jet Force Gemini (apparently also known as Jet Set Radio) which was brought up, had a lower framerate and tons of slowdowns. Also RE:Code Veronica X looks blurrier than S&P.

But why am I even writing this? From disolitude's posts it should be pretty clear that he is spreading his usual hate for Nintendo and love for Sega consoles and games. Why else would JFG go to JSR from one sentence to another?

Anyway, Sin & Punishment is one of the 5th gen games which have aged the best and are still fun today and there really aren't many games from that era you can say that about.

that's exactly what i thought too, while the polygon count was low the game was very stylistic and beautiful in that regard.  It had tons of enemies on the screen and the frame rate didn't drop which is far more important than having a high polygon count.  I played it on emulator before, and i really liked it but it wasn't the same as when i bought it on virtual console and played it with an actual controller instead of keyboard.  It aged really well, better than the other games he mentioned.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

The_vagabond7 said:
When rol speaks, law is made. Topic is victory.

Rol may be a god on nintendo boards but I'm not from around here...

Anyone would have a hard time arguing that Resient evil code veronica isnt classic with 93% on game rankings. It was the first RE in 3d and it broke a lot of new ground for the series.

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/250618.asp?q=resident%20evil

Jet Force Gemini and Jet Set Radio were confused before by me, but I already admitted fault and anyone using that as an argument is cherry picking to great lenghts (Rol the ninten-god)

In any case I have nothing else to add to this other than I hope sin and punishment 2 is a good game and if so that it sells more copies than Wii Fit...

Hope you have a pleasant evening since i won't post today again as Silent Hill 5 awaits me for the rest of the night.

Around the Network

I always wantedto play Sin & Punishment and remember reading about it in a gaming magazine ages ago and wondering what happened to it.

That's it. I'm getting it on the VC. I don't know when but I can't take it anymore, I want it and I want the sequel already.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

http://ign64.ign.com/articles/165/165248p1.html

that's the original IGN review (it got a 9 in 2000 also, notice they call it a "feast for the eyes" and "one of the best games to ever grace the N64"), Nintendojo gave it an 8.5, any review I find of it is very positive. The worst one I've found is that one on Gamespot that gave it a 7.1. Find fan reviews of it and it's even higher than the critic reviews of it (which is normal, but given that it's getting and it got 8s and 9s across the board, the fan reviews are a point above that.)

The_vagabond7 said:

http://ign64.ign.com/articles/165/165248p1.html

that's the original IGN review (it got a 9 in 2000 also, notice they call it a "feast for the eyes" and "one of the best games to ever grace the N64"), Nintendojo gave it an 8.5, any review I find of it is very positive. The worst one I've found is that one on Gamespot that gave it a 7.1. Find fan reviews of it and it's even higher than the critic reviews of it (which is normal, but given that it's getting and it got 8s and 9s across the board, the fan reviews are a point above that.)

well isn't it a coincidence that he uses the gamespot review as his example when it is the worst possible review on the internet. 

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

disolitude said:

Anyone would have a hard time arguing that Resient evil code veronica isnt classic with 93% on game rankings. It was the first RE in 3d and it broke a lot of new ground for the series.

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/250618.asp?q=resident%20evil

Oh yes, far be it from me to say that the majority of critics are full of crap and they wouldn't know an already-aged game if it bit them on the ass with horrible dubbing.

Which it did.

In fact, I hereby surrender my previous assertion: RE:CV is a classic. The Hive has spoken!

ALL GLORY TO THE HIVE.

I've seen fans freaking out for a VC release of Sin and Punishment for years, and they exploded when it happened. It has a big following.

And Rol, please don't morph into Zen.

I'd also like to point out that the entire Resident Evil franchise is tainted, because the first game is one of the worst games ever made, control-wise and dialogue-wise. I've never played another game that was so insulting towards my intelligence. It really makes it hard for me to give any other RE games a chance.