By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sin and Punishment 2 is a dream come true (rhymes!) With Screens.

I can't believe I haven't downloaded this game yet. I'm definitely doing it this weekend.

Around the Network
The_vagabond7 said:
Chrizum said:
@ disolutide: Sin & Punishment is one of the few N64 games that still looks great today. Tell me this video isn't crisp and clear: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRKx1nq7KJ0&fmt=18

lol, look at how terrible and unclear that is. Are those flying demons or clouds?!? Are they firing missiles or are those just parts of the ship moving around?!! I cannut tell! Seriously, the game looks great. It looked great in it's day, and while it's obviously dated, it doesn't remove anything from the gameplay. I'm playing through it right now (I'm just before the part in the clip, where I have to fight the psychic cat). It looks and plays great. My only complaint is that it was made distinctly for the N64 controller. The classic controller is awful for this game, but the cube controller works great once you get used to it.

You can joke all you want but it doesn't take a way that the game looks subpar compared to most n64 games released. Especially later ones which is when this came out. that footage on youtube is at really high resolution btw on a really small screen area. If you play the game on a 58 inch tv using the Wiis maximum 480p...it looks like ass.

Below is footage of my fave n64 game Jet force gemini and Sin and Punishment as a comparison as they are somewhat similar...despite jet set radio coming out 3 years before...and the video footage being really low quality I think it looks much better.

@dissolute I don't know which one is which as I never played jet set or sin but the bottom one looks much crisper and very clear compared to the top, the top one must be Jet set though because that monster she fought was from PSO also and Sega loves their reskins.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

dib8rman said:
@dissolute I don't know which one is which as I never played jet set or sin but the bottom one looks much crisper and very clear compared to the top, the top one must be Jet set though because that monster she fought was from PSO also and Sega loves their reskins.

Sorry I mean Jet force GEmini...not jet set radio...stupid me.  It was a Rare game.

ANd it's comign stateside. Info from Ninty US conference. SWEETNESS.

Around the Network
Jo21 said:
not really AAA third party titles or big JRPG were announced.
i will wait to tgs.

What are you even doing in this thread?  In Japan Samurai Warriors 2 and the new mothership tales game are AAA.  There was tons of other games announced too.  I don't know what else you could possibly be expecting.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

johnsobas said:
Jo21 said:
not really AAA third party titles or big JRPG were announced.
i will wait to tgs.

What are you even doing in this thread? In Japan Samurai Warriors 2 and the new mothership tales game are AAA. There was tons of other games announced too. I don't know what else you could possibly be expecting.

Dude don't feed it, it keeps coming back for more, eventually it could get attached... just ignore and move on.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

looks cool

Improvements are caused by people who complain

If you think Sin and punishment looks crappy compared to Jet Force Gemini then there is nothing I can argue. It was a late N64 game, it used the hardware well, and looked great. The game is amazing, reviews of it are extremely positive, 99% of people that have played it will agree and it's considered a cult classic. If you think it's ugly, I'm not going to stop you, but for most people it's an incredible kick ass game, and it's one that has aged very well.

I just went and beat it again and not once did I have trouble discerning what was going on.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

I don't know about you, but when i heard back then  (n64 era) that Sin wasn't coming to US and Europe i was pissed off for a year. Thank god for vc... and now this, pure bliss. And disolitude, i can't argue with you about it, (personal opinions and all that.) but damn you to hell for reminding me Jet force Gemini and why we'll never get a sequel. Damn you Rare!

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"