By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo will not fix the storage problem

Oh... I get it.

Wow. That is a sucky storage solution.....

I thought you could boot directly from SD cards.

Around the Network

32GB SD cards are already available in the market and 64GB is just at the doorstep. Whey people want HDD is beyond me.

I think you can boot directly from the SD cards. Why else would this be an announcement if it wasn't in any way different from what we can currently do.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

megaman79 said:
I think you can boot directly from the SD cards. Why else would this be an announcement if it wasn't in any way different from what we can currently do.

It is different, the new feature is that you can download games directly onto your SD card, but it is nowhere confirmed that you can also load games from SD card. In fact, Iwata literaly said this makes it easier to transfer games from SD card to your Wii.

Obviously, this isn't a proper solution to the storage problem.

Chrizum said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Chrizum said:

This is probably the most stupid thing Nintendo has done this generation. We can't keep swapping games forever. In a couple of months, when people have too many VC and WiiWare games they want to play regularly, people stop buying new VC and WiiWare games.

You're still swapping discs to play games remember, don't go getting spoiled just yet.

So you're saying it takes you 3 minutes to swap game discs?

Yep, but I also play the Indiana Jones theme song while I swap them. 

Gotta do it just right or the TV rolls of the entertainment center and crushes me for mistreating my Wii.  ^_^

Around the Network

Well can't Guitar Hero 4 downloaded songs be played directly from the SD card?

Galaki said:
32GB SD cards are already available in the market and 64GB is just at the doorstep. Whey people want HDD is beyond me.

I think this topic is about funcionality rather than space :S

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Cactus, I didn't contribute to the thread because either the guy's just wrong, or he's trolling.

Axumblade and megaman are the first people in this thread with any sense

Chrizum said:
megaman79 said:

It is different, the new feature is that you can download games directly onto your SD card, but it is nowhere confirmed that you can also load games from SD card. In fact, Iwata literaly said this makes it easier to transfer games from SD card to your Wii.

Obviously, this isn't a proper solution to the storage problem.

For as much as playing games from the card has not been confirmed, the disability to do such also has not been confirmed. Stop freaking out, Chicken Little, and wait for more info before touting "facts" on this topic.

Well if you can download the game directly on the SD card BUT you have to transfer the game to the Wii memory to play it, that's nonsense. Why would you transfer directly on the SD card ? because your internal memory is full. But how are you supposed to transfer the game to the Wii then if the memory is full ? You have to make room for it. But why transfer the game on the SD card if you've made room for it on the console ?

Your theory is nonsense.