By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo will not fix the storage problem

We all heard the conference news and we all heard about the so called storage solution. However, I think most people didn't understand the actual announcement correctly:

"Iwata announced that future Wii software can be downloaded directly to the SD memory card. Finally! It will also be possible to easily move software from SD card to the Wii system memory." (IGN.com)

The only new functionality is that Nintendo allows VC and WiiWare games to be downloaded to the SD card, but to actually play them, you still need to move the games over to the Wii's internal memory.

This is probably the most stupid thing Nintendo has done this generation. We can't keep swapping games forever. In a couple of months, when people have too many VC and WiiWare games they want to play regularly, people stop buying new VC and WiiWare games.

In other words, Nintendo killed its own download service.

Around the Network

Ok, your poor grammar is killing your argument

"In other words, Nintendo killed it's own download service."

What you are saying here, is that Nintendo's future (in)actions killed it's own download service

Notice how you're mixing up your tenses?

Good

You don't speak Japanese I take it? So why do you profess to know exactly what was said. Have faith in Nintendo, they always deliver

not necessarily...
i forsee 2 possible ways of solution that would not hurt the download service

step 1, clean out wii of VC/Wiiware games

step 2 install new channel "External games"

step 3 download all games over again to SD- they "install with the channel look etc,

to play... click new channel, it comes up with all your stored games on SD. click on the game you want to play, then it either,

1: starts playing the game from the SD card

or

2: quickly copies file from SD card to internal and starts playing, when you end the game it copies file back to SD card making room for next game.

@scottie

Good job! You've got nothing to contribute to this thread so you rip him on his grammar!

@chrizium

I hope you're wrong, because if you're right, I would be majorly pissed. I'm almost at capacity, and you're right, I would stop downloading games if it meant constant shuffling.

I don't understand why people want to pay money for and play games that are up to 20 years old. They suck.

A hard drive would still be appreciated though :3

Around the Network
lenardo1 said:
not necessarily...
i forsee 2 possible ways of solution that would not hurt the download service

step 1, clean out wii of VC/Wiiware games

step 2 install new channel "External games"

step 3 download all games over again to SD- they "install with the channel look etc,

to play... click new channel, it comes up with all your stored games on SD. click on the game you want to play, then it either,

1: starts playing the game from the SD card

or

2: quickly copies file from SD card to internal and starts playing, when you end the game it copies file back to SD card making room for next game.

The second solution is a possibility, but do you realize it would take minutes to load bigger WiiWare and N64 games that way?

i thought i was the only one with that concern, but with the information we have so far, there is no confirmation of playing games directly form the SD card, is almost the same as it is now, just a little bit "easier" it seems.....let´s hope for the best

wii fc : 7188 5379 1382 7074
smash fc :2234 6924 8637

gamertag : Dano2688

Chrizum said:

This is probably the most stupid thing Nintendo has done this generation. We can't keep swapping games forever. In a couple of months, when people have too many VC and WiiWare games they want to play regularly, people stop buying new VC and WiiWare games.

You're still swapping discs to play games remember, don't go getting spoiled just yet.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Chrizum said:

You're still swapping discs to play games remember, don't go getting spoiled just yet.

So you're saying it takes you 3 minutes to swap game discs?

--OkeyDokey-- said:
I don't understand why people want to pay money for and play games that are up to 20 years old. They suck.

A hard drive would still be appreciated though :3

And are overpriced...Oh well some are worth it like Super Mario RPG.