By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo will not fix the storage problem

Words Of Wisdom said:
DMeisterJ said:
Well, looks like Chirzum wasn't overreacting

Looks to be like you download directly to SD card, but can transfer faster. Still sucky. Not sure how that's a "solution".

Problem:  My Wii's memory is full, I can't download anything new.

Solution:  Download to your SD card instead of your Wii.

Seems pretty clear to me.

You could transfer to SD cards before this announcement. The thing that everybody wanted was to be able to boot up games directly from the SD card without having to do a bunch of transferring beforehand...

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
DMeisterJ said:
Well, looks like Chirzum wasn't overreacting

Looks to be like you download directly to SD card, but can transfer faster. Still sucky. Not sure how that's a "solution".

Problem:  My Wii's memory is full, I can't download anything new.

Solution:  Download to your SD card instead of your Wii.

Seems pretty clear to me.

Well.  Yeah, it's a solution.

I should restate:

It's not the solution that people wanted ^_^

lenardo1 said:
not necessarily...
i forsee 2 possible ways of solution that would not hurt the download service

step 1, clean out wii of VC/Wiiware games

step 2 install new channel "External games"

step 3 download all games over again to SD- they "install with the channel look etc,

to play... click new channel, it comes up with all your stored games on SD. click on the game you want to play, then it either,

1: starts playing the game from the SD card

or

2: quickly copies file from SD card to internal and starts playing, when you end the game it copies file back to SD card making room for next game.

I will sell my Wii if this turns out to be the case. The same reason why MS will not launch a download only game distribution service for at least the next 5-10 years is the same reason why Nintendo better not do what you've suggested.

Internet in alot of countries isn't fast enough to accomodate for constantly re-downloading games in order to play them AND most people don't have excessive amounts of download space allocated to them each month to make it practical (mine is 25gb per month and that's considered very high for households here).

@Galaki and the SD card's sizes post:

A 500gb HDD cost me $100AUD last week, how much will a 32gb SD card cost me now? according to the sandisk website a 32gb SD card will cost $179.99USD.

Personally, I'm not paying $180USD (which would probably cost over $200 for the equivalent in AUD) for a 32gb SD card when Nintendo could have easily just allowed HDD to be used. Sure if the Wii were a portable camera and an SD card was practical because of size then I wouldn't mind paying the amount, but the Wii sits on the stand I have my tv on and there is space next to it to fit a HDD.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
I don't understand why people want to pay money for and play games that are up to 20 years old. They suck.

A hard drive would still be appreciated though :3

Games suck if they are old? Get out, noob.

As for the SD card annoucement, it doesn't say you can't do that either, so the OP is jumping to conclusions, without waiting for any confirmation.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Here you go. Here is confirmation that you can play off of the SD card directly...

[9:23] "Iwata is addressing the problem of Wii storage," he says. "Soon you will be able to download and store virtual console and WiiWare titles directly your SD card, and play them off your SD card. This will make the Wii download experience much easier."

Source

Just kiss the tip.

Around the Network
Arkk said:

Here you go. Here is confirmation that you can play off of the SD card directly...

[9:23] "Iwata is addressing the problem of Wii storage," he says. "Soon you will be able to download and store virtual console and WiiWare titles directly your SD card, and play them off your SD card. This will make the Wii download experience much easier."

Source

Arkk wins the thread.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I wonder if people will stop whining now.

Arkk said:

Source

One big cookie for you :)

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

@ Words of Wisdom

Well, I wonder why you're still in this thread.

Judging from your post

"Problem: My Wii's memory is full, I can't download anything new.

Solution: Download to your SD card instead of your Wii."

It seems like you knew nothing of this problem to begin with.

@LordTheNightKnight

You didn't read the whole thread did you? if you did you would realize that most sources say nothing about playing from the card, only a few do, which means we don't know which sites got lost in translation and which didn't. Also, at the US conference, Reggie did not explicitly say "You could play the games from the SD card" either. Why would they leave out such an important fact?

Cactus said:

@ Words of Wisdom

Well, I wonder why you're still in this thread.

Judging from your post

"Problem: My Wii's memory is full, I can't download anything new.

Solution: Download to your SD card instead of your Wii."

It seems like you knew nothing of this problem to begin with.

@LordTheNightKnight

You didn't read the whole thread did you? if you did you would realize that most sources say nothing about playing from the card, only a few do, which means we don't know which sites got lost in translation and which didn't. Also, at the US conference, Reggie did not explicitly say "You could play the games from the SD card" either. Why would they leave out such an important fact?

Oh, I don't know, maybe because that's a given? Otherwise they wouldn't bother announcing anything? Because there would be nothing to announce?

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.