By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Poll of the Week: Which exclusive will sell the most in its lifetime?

Which exclusive will sell the most in its lifetime?

Animal Crossing: City Folk 342 15.17%

Fable 2 70 3.11%

Gears of War 2 523 23.20%

Little Big Planet 658 29.19%

Resistance 2 104 4.61%

Wii Music 557 24.71%

Total:2,254

My prediction:

AC: 4-7 Mil
GoW 2: 5-7 Mil
Resistance 2: 2.5-4Mil
LBP: 2-4Mil
Fable 2: 3-4 Mil
Wii Music: 4-10 Mil

Wii Music is so uncertain... I voted for it but it could easily "flop". GoW 2 is the game that is guaranteed to sell extremely well.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Around the Network

I'm just about certain that WiiMusic will smash 10m in sales (lifetime). If it takes a Wiimote bundle to push it sales - then Ninty *will* do this (and it will be a much better purchase than WiiPlay is). Imagine the TV ads - "Transform your Wii into 60 musical instruments" (etc).

I can't see GoWII selling significantly better than GoW 1 - sells to exactly the same audience, except more competition around these days.

Still think its between WiiMusic & AC - of all the games on the list, WiiMusic is the only one I'll be keen to get day#1.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Wii music and animal crossing will sell a lot more than those other games. Nintendo=win.

I think it will be Animal Crossing. If it was just the game, it would still sell extremely well, probably 7 or 8 million. A lot of people will also be interested in WiiSpeak and that will be the extra incentive to get the game.

One aspect of this game over the GC version that I don't think anyone has mentioned is that the Wii is online where the GC was not. So that alone can make Animal Crossing a better experience. I'm sure that playing the DS version online helped pushed sales. So I think Animal Crossing can cross 10 million and who knows? I wouldn't be shocked at all if it does 15 million or more since the Wii will end up selling at least 80 million in it's lifetime if not over 100 million.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

I'm assuming that the question isn't which game we want to sell the best, but rather which game will sell the best.

If that's the case, then the voters of current majority might be disappointed.

Around the Network

LOL LOL LOL. A whole whack load of the votes for LBP are from Obieslut and his 75 other accounts!! ROFL!

On topic though, I voted Wii Music, because in all honesty, that game is going to be a monster. It will sell for years with the casual market.

Just kiss the tip.

Wow....Little Big Planet is destroying the competition. Is this a sign of things to come for Sackboy?

super_etecoon said:
Wow....Little Big Planet is destroying the competition. Is this a sign of things to come for Sackboy?

No, this is proof how large the dillusional sony fanbase has grown on vgc.

Where once only Nintendo property ever won any poll, now Sony is king.

Mark my words Lifetime LBP 2-3m (or 2.5m>x<3.5m)

superchunk said:
super_etecoon said:

No, this is proof how large the dillusional sony fanbase has grown on vgc.

Where once only Nintendo property ever won any poll, now Sony is king.

Mark my words Lifetime LBP 2-3m (or 2.5m>x<3.5m)

To be fair...the Nintendo camp is split between two games.  I am surprised at how little attention Resistance 2 is getting.

i'm surprised everyone thinks that lbp will not sell so much.
Sony is utterly pouring molten money into the ad campaign.
I expect around 5 million end of year.