By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resistance 2 is the best looking console shooter this year.

psrock said:
Xbox_Nation said:
talkingparrot said:
Xbox_Nation said:

rofl keep Dreaming Gears 2 will take back the Crown as the console graphics king this year, Then in Feb the Crown will be handed down to....... *shudders* Killzone 2.

Seriously did you even fucking read the OP?

From the lighting, to the textures, to the amount of enemies / effects on screen, to the shadowing - Gears 2 is ripped up. 

Gears 2 looks better in some instances since the camera is far away from the character.  If you want to compare Gears, compare it to Uncharted, which hands Gears 2's ass on a plate.  There is no arguing that.

Gears of War 2 won Overall Best Graphics Technology of E3 2008 By IGN ,your saying one of the most respectable Gaming Website on the Net is Wrong ? 

It also won " What the hell does that mean " award

*FacePalm*..

Around the Network

Dont disagree with talkingparots opinion, he doesnt want to entertain those that are contrary to it.

Just respect it..............we will let the final game products prove us all wrong or right in November.

Dolla Dolla said:
DMeisterJ said:
I forgot that twesterm doesn't like the PS3 at all ^_^

Yet he has one.

Wonders never cease, ay?

Lol.

He's like the opposite of me.

I love a console I don't own, and he hates a console he does.  What an anomaly.

DMeisterJ said:
Dolla Dolla said:
DMeisterJ said:
I forgot that twesterm doesn't like the PS3 at all ^_^

Yet he has one.

Wonders never cease, ay?

Lol.

He's like the opposite of me.

I love a console I don't own, and he hates a console he does. What an anomaly.

Perhaps a trade should be in order? o_0

Both games look pretty damn good but from what I've seen I'd say Resistance narrowly takes the crown. Regardless, graphics don't make a game like Resistance to be fair, its attraction is its crazy weaponary and the ridiculous online gameplay we've been promised.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Around the Network
talkingparrot said:

We've seen the footage of the game in action, analyzed the screenshots, and debated on its validity in the shooter space.  Now the question comes- (We aren't talking sales or gameplay), is Resistance 2 the best looking console shooter to date?

My take: Yes. 

1. First off, I've heard some people complaining about the textures, and thats a big myth.  The textures in Resistance 2 are better than Gears of War 2.

Secondly, the game has an insane lighting engine.  Resistance 2 just recently added self shadowing and the reults are fantastic.  Just look at the shadows in this photo:

3. The environment is VAST.  There are ships flying in the air, explosions all over the place, and tons of enemies on screen at one time.  Notice in this photo there are planes in the background, explosions going off by themselves, two goliaths, and one chimera.  In the Co-Op there are moments where there are over a hundred enemies of all sizes coming after you.:

4. An INSANE amount of character detail.  While doing ALL of what I mentioned before, the game manages to have characters as detailed as Metal Gear Solid 4's Snake.  Look at this guy:

5. Finally, Animations!! The game uses Motion Captured (not an easy feat) animations for the characters.  Both the running and death animations were captured at a Sony Mo-Cap facility in Santa Monica.  Here is an example of a Mo-cap death:

Take off the fanboy goggles and use some better pics of gears. WAYY To many fanboys in this

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

I think Resistance 2 looks better after seeing all the new stuff. Resistance 2 looks more realistic in my opinion. Like you said, great lighting, textures and so on.
Still, Gears 2 is impressive, but in a different way. It has more of a fantasy, sci-fi, unreal (Well it's made with the unreal engine :D) feel to it. And it has some cool blur effects.

talkingparrot said:
darthdevidem01 said:
I am sorry but

METAL GEAR SOLID 4 : Guns Of The Patriots

destroys Resistance 2 & GEOW for that matter in terms of grfx

Sorry man,  I have to disagree, but the games look better for different reasons.  We can agree on this though, both games are on the top class.  You know what I mean?  One may be better in animations, while the other is better at frame rate.  In the end, we could say both are amazing and both are only on PS3 :D.

I agree both are/will be top notch games!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Bingoo said:
talkingparrot said:

T

lol look at the creature( on the right )in resistance 2 compare that to the amount of detail that gears 2 creature (Whatever the hell that is) clearly the gears 2 textures are Waaaay better than the R2.

It's laughable anyone thinking that resistance 2 has better textures.

i think gears 2 looks better, resistance 2 does look great though and is a huge leap over the 1st resistance game. i will get resistance 2 since i now own a ps3.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1