By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resistance 2 is the best looking console shooter this year.

Not even close. If that were the case then it would have been at least nominated for such at E3 by IGN. Gears tech happened to win however.

Around the Network
Shadowblind said:
psrock said:
twesterm said:
talkingparrot said:
Also, for the people saying bioshock, bioshock doesn't have anywhere near the amount of effects of enemies on screen.

Perhaps, but its atmosphere blows R2 (and most other games as well) out of the water (heh).

As for R2, it looks good but everything is just so boring art wise. The thing I've always hated about Resistance is it's just another WWII shooter. They even added aliens to the equasion and it's still just a WWII shooter with some added basic Sci-Fi elements.

Totally not interesting in any way at all.

Do shooters impress you period?

Resistence 2 is not a game all shooter fans would want. To me it looks like another alien shoot-em-up, which i well got out with the likes of Doom 3, Quake 4, and halo.

I'm a fan of shooters and I want it and I've played Doom 3, Halo, Half-Life, ect.

^^^
yeah everyone listen to mr one post : )

Respect for compans: SONY > NINTENDO >>>>>>>>>> MICROSOFT

@ twesterm: isn't Resistance from another period than WWII?

talkingparrot said:
Xbox_Nation said:

rofl keep Dreaming Gears 2 will take back the Crown as the console graphics king this year, Then in Feb the Crown will be handed down to....... *shudders* Killzone 2.

Seriously did you even fucking read the OP?

From the lighting, to the textures, to the amount of enemies / effects on screen, to the shadowing - Gears 2 is ripped up. 

Gears 2 looks better in some instances since the camera is far away from the character.  If you want to compare Gears, compare it to Uncharted, which hands Gears 2's ass on a plate.  There is no arguing that.

See, every time someone says something is better than R2, you always ask if they read the op like somehow the opinion you posted is absolute fact that cannot be disputed.  The thing about opinions though is that they aren't fact.

Personally, I'm not too terribly impressed by those because they're boring.  Even looking at Gears 2 I think they are much more interesting.  Just look at the ground.  I think in just about every R2 picture I've seen there's nothing there.  Just flat flat flat flat flat (and don't bother posting exceptions, I know they exist, I'm just talking about the majority of stuff I've seen).

Look at most Gears 2 pictures and you'll notice there's some isnteresting rubble or at least something going on somewhere on the ground.  You may be absoutely convinced R2 has the better textures, lighting, effects, whatever, but that doesn't mean it's actually better or even better looking. 

I'll take something that's actually interesting over higher texture resolution any day.

So anyways, stop trying to pass your opinion as fact.

Around the Network
papflesje said:
@ twesterm: isn't Resistance from another period than WWII?

I could have swore it was WWII, or was it WWI? Either way it's boring and overdone.

talkingparrot said:
twesterm said:
psrock said:
twesterm said:
talkingparrot said:
Also, for the people saying bioshock, bioshock doesn't have anywhere near the amount of effects of enemies on screen.

Perhaps, but its atmosphere blows R2 (and most other games as well) out of the water (heh).

As for R2, it looks good but everything is just so boring art wise.  The thing I've always hated about Resistance is it's just another WWII shooter.  They even added aliens to the equasion and it's still just a WWII shooter with some added basic Sci-Fi elements. 

Totally not interesting in any way at all.

Do shooters impress you period?

Obviously Bioshock did. 

And there have been others (and I'm not going to list them because I don't feel like getting into an x > y argument when we're really talking about z) just WWII shooters are hard to make interesting. 

Resistance tried and you would think adding aliens to the mix would do it but they pretty much failed.

Your now arguing opinion man.  Soem people like bioshock more, but I love the lore in Resistance.  Opinion is Opinion, and from some of the latest videos, you can tell the atmosphere is oozing from Resistance 2.  :D.

Hey, that's cool you think it's better.  My problem is your trying to pass your opinion as fact (look at every post where you tell people to read your opening post as if it's absolute proof R2 is the best).

@twesterms, altered WWII hhistory, but it takes place in the 50s,

outside of that, i think games have to actually be out for us to judge them

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

@ twesterm.

No, it's in a world were WWII didn't happen.

So it's not done to death.

This is what question of the week is made of.

Anyway, I think both games look great and I'll be playing both this year. And, unlike you twesterm, I don't think there's anything boring about Resistance 2, its so damn beautiful.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)