By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resistance 2 is the best looking console shooter this year.

I think some fanboys in here aren't even reading the OP and responding with their bullshit. The facts are in the pictures.

Console Agnostic since 2001.

Around the Network
talkingparrot said:
Also, for the people saying bioshock, bioshock doesn't have anywhere near the amount of effects of enemies on screen.

Perhaps, but its atmosphere blows R2 (and most other games as well) out of the water (heh).

As for R2, it looks good but everything is just so boring art wise.  The thing I've always hated about Resistance is it's just another WWII shooter.  They even added aliens to the equasion and it's still just a WWII shooter with some added basic Sci-Fi elements. 

Totally not interesting in any way at all.

twesterm said:
talkingparrot said:
Also, for the people saying bioshock, bioshock doesn't have anywhere near the amount of effects of enemies on screen.

Perhaps, but its atmosphere blows R2 (and most other games as well) out of the water (heh).

As for R2, it looks good but everything is just so boring art wise.  The thing I've always hated about Resistance is it's just another WWII shooter.  They even added aliens to the equasion and it's still just a WWII shooter with some added basic Sci-Fi elements. 

Do shooters impress you period?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

rofl keep Dreaming Gears 2 will take back the Crown as the console graphics king this year, Then in Feb the Crown will be handed down to....... *shudders* Killzone 2.

DirtyP2002 said:
talkingparrot said:
stonj said:
i still dont think much of R2 didnt like the first one and this really isnt the best ive ever seen and the shadows you sound as if it has never happend b4
cod4 halo3 bioshock etc all used those shadows

Shadows have been done before, but not to the extent of the photo I showed on a consoel shooter.  Resistance 2 also runs at 720p, while COD4 runs at 660p and Halo 3 at 640p.  The game itself is really a muscle twister, I think your ignoring the merits of some of those screens.

So you can see the difference betwenn 720p and 660p? Well... you gotta have a 90" HDTV

I can notice the difference between 480i and 576i on a 30inch TV. Now the difference is not that drastic, but it is noticeable.

Around the Network
psrock said:
twesterm said:
talkingparrot said:

Obviously Bioshock did. 

And there have been others (and I'm not going to list them because I don't feel like getting into an x > y argument when we're really talking about z) just WWII shooters are hard to make interesting. 

Resistance tried and you would think adding aliens to the mix would do it but they pretty much failed.

Xbox_Nation said:

rofl keep Dreaming Gears 2 will take back the Crown as the console graphics king this year, Then in Feb the Crown will be handed down to....... *shudders* Killzone 2.

Seriously did you even fucking read the OP?

From the lighting, to the textures, to the amount of enemies / effects on screen, to the shadowing - Gears 2 is ripped up. 

Gears 2 looks better in some instances since the camera is far away from the character.  If you want to compare Gears, compare it to Uncharted, which hands Gears 2's ass on a plate.  There is no arguing that.

psrock said:
twesterm said:
talkingparrot said:

Resistence 2 is not a game all shooter fans would want. To me it looks like another alien shoot-em-up, which i well got out with the likes of Doom 3, Quake 4, and halo.

@Parrot: You apparently think that anyone who doesn't believe exactly as you do is wrong and has no ****ing clue. I read your post. It still has nothing to offer me that I haven't already played or done in other FPS. Open a window and learn that life isn't like a Burger King.  

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

twesterm said:
psrock said:
twesterm said:
talkingparrot said:

Obviously Bioshock did. 

And there have been others (and I'm not going to list them because I don't feel like getting into an x > y argument when we're really talking about z) just WWII shooters are hard to make interesting. 

Resistance tried and you would think adding aliens to the mix would do it but they pretty much failed.

Your now arguing opinion man.  Soem people like bioshock more, but I love the lore in Resistance.  Opinion is Opinion, and from some of the latest videos, you can tell the atmosphere is oozing from Resistance 2.  :D.

talkingparrot said:
I think some fanboys in here aren't even reading the OP and responding with their bullshit. The facts are in the pictures.

you're seeing Resistance 2 with a little bias love