By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resistance 2 is the best looking console shooter this year.

talkingparrot said:

My take: Yes.

I've bolded the most important part of your post.

Some will disagree. You'll live. Don't take it personally, or pass your opinions as facts.

Around the Network
goddog said:
@twesterms, altered WWII hhistory, but it takes place in the 50s,

outside of that, i think games have to actually be out for us to judge them

Altered WWII history is still WWII history. 

DMeisterJ said:
@ twesterm.

No, it's in a world were WWII didn't happen.

So it's not done to death.

Ah, thought it had for some odd reason.  Still, same time period is the same time period then.

twesterm said:
papflesje said:
@ twesterm: isn't Resistance from another period than WWII?

I could have swore it was WWII, or was it WWI? Either way it's boring and overdone.

You mean "shooting people with weapons"?  Yeah, that genre has been done before (I despise shooters :p)

I forgot that twesterm doesn't like the PS3 at all ^_^

yeah amazing thats really insane

Around the Network
Dolla Dolla said:
talkingparrot said:

My take: Yes.

I've bolded the most important part of your post.

Some will disagree. You'll live. Don't take it personally, or pass your opinions as facts.

Agreed.

By the way, how old are both Gears 2 and Resistance 2 shots? I swear I've never seen this Resistance 2 shot before (meaning it must be taken from that new build shown recently). With that said, how can you compared textures when you take a two-three months old screen for Gears 2?

Oh yeah, I also love the look of Baby Bowser's arachnid in Resistance 2. It looks good in HD, and without bullet bills shooting out from it. ;)

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

DMeisterJ said:
I forgot that twesterm doesn't like the PS3 at all ^_^

Yet he has one.

Wonders never cease, ay?

talkingparrot said:
Xbox_Nation said:

rofl keep Dreaming Gears 2 will take back the Crown as the console graphics king this year, Then in Feb the Crown will be handed down to....... *shudders* Killzone 2.

Seriously did you even fucking read the OP?

From the lighting, to the textures, to the amount of enemies / effects on screen, to the shadowing - Gears 2 is ripped up. 

Gears 2 looks better in some instances since the camera is far away from the character.  If you want to compare Gears, compare it to Uncharted, which hands Gears 2's ass on a plate.  There is no arguing that.

Gears of War 2 won Overall Best Graphics Technology of E3 2008 By IGN ,your saying one of the most respectable Gaming Website on the Net is Wrong ? 

Xbox_Nation said:
talkingparrot said:
Xbox_Nation said:

rofl keep Dreaming Gears 2 will take back the Crown as the console graphics king this year, Then in Feb the Crown will be handed down to....... *shudders* Killzone 2.

Seriously did you even fucking read the OP?

From the lighting, to the textures, to the amount of enemies / effects on screen, to the shadowing - Gears 2 is ripped up. 

Gears 2 looks better in some instances since the camera is far away from the character.  If you want to compare Gears, compare it to Uncharted, which hands Gears 2's ass on a plate.  There is no arguing that.

Gears of War 2 won Overall Best Graphics Technology of E3 2008 By IGN ,your saying one of the most respectable Gaming Website on the Net is Wrong ? 

It also won " What the hell does that mean " award

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
Xbox_Nation said:

It also won " What the hell does that mean " award

I don't get it. :/

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!