By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 starts selling= sony gets cocky again

“In the next few years, you’re going to start to see us separate from the herd. Some of the other platforms are going to look very dated because their life spans are so much shorter than ours. If you’re a competitor I’ve got bad news for you because we’ve got some absolute blockbusters that are in the works, some of them new IP, some of them existing IP, that we’re building specifically for the PS3. From a competitive standpoint our competitors are going to have a tougher road now then even in 2008. But for PlayStation 3 consumers, it means more quality and more choice.” - SCEA’s VP of product marketing Scott Steinberg

what is this guy thinking? he acts like the PS3 is kicking ass when its not.   The only real point hes got is about the PS3s lifetspan being longer but even im not sure that technically the case. i think he truly understimates the competition. Nintendo and microsoft are gunna find things EVEN tougher than 2008? i think microsoft  willl find it easier because of lower price  and nintendo certainly hasnt had a tough road. He even says 'haha unlucky competitors. we, sony , are making new IP and existing IP for the PS3.' thats just saying that they have a 1st party, did he not consider that his competitors could also have 'absolute blockbusters' built specifically for their consoles?

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network

PS3 will kick X360 is terms of console sales. The Sony Sales executive focuses on a PS3 Versus X360 war. He dismisses the existence of the Wii.

Just sounds confident and IMO a very likely scenario, much more so than Microsoft's very unlikely future outlook for the 360.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Don't mind Steinberg... that's not the only stupid statement he made. See what he thinks about the Wii.

Supernova82 said:
PS3 will kick X360 is terms of console sales. The Sony Sales executive focuses on a PS3 Versus X360 war. He dismisses the existence of the Wii.

But if that's the case he wouldn't have said herd.

I've never heard of a herd of one. Unless he really is that stupid.

Oh, Steinberg. You make me laugh. =D

Around the Network

*FACEPALM*

he doesnt disregard the wii or he would say competitor not competitors

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

He doesn't sound that the PS3's is doing amazing, he sounds like they some awesome stuff in the works and he sending out a warning to not count out Sony.

I would hope Sony execs would have some hope for their product.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Wetcoaster said:
Supernova82 said:

But if that's the case he wouldn't have said herd.

I've never heard of a herd of one. Unless he really is that stupid.

Oh, Steinberg. You make me laugh. =D

you could not refer to a herd as two either. lol

cocky?

Far from it.

more choices and IPs.

Some people mistake confidence, or hope for your product as cockiness.