By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

KylieDog said:
veritaz said:

Got any tips on beating it on nightmare? I Just need to do a playthrough on it to get the plat but I suck at games that require tactical thinking like RTS and I'm assuimg you have to use the overview pause thing in nightmare a lot or you will die.

For your party:

Tank (Warrior), 2 Mages, ranged Assassin (for more crowd control) or
Tank (Warrior), 1 mage, 2 ranged Assassin (for more damage).

Either way make sure got all the barrier buffs on the Mage(s), if got Trespasser DLC use the secondary skill that reduces recharge. For Warrior obviously use Sword and Shield and I suggest mixing between Taunts and Defense skills evenly as you level up, if it takes too much damage pump next level ups into defense options, if losing aggro too much, pick taunts. It cannot keep aggro from every enemy remember.

Melee Assassin sucks on NIghtmare, enemies move too much for flanking damage to pay off, plus any melee enemy with AOE (area of effect) attacks will just squish it dead, even if the tank has aggro (because AOE hits everyone nearby).  Ranged is better as then only the tank tends to get hit if it has aggro, plus no down time on the damage dealing because no chasing after enemies to get in melee range.

I only ever used Tactical menu to easy see where a downed party member was, which was not often, the game is very streamlined compared to Origins, you can pretty much just set your party's skills and leave them to it and only control Inquisitor.

If you really need a helping hand there still exists a great dupe exploit, can dupe weapons, armour, accesories and weapon/armour upgrades, so you can dupe expensive stuff to make money to buy or craft better stuff, and Amulets of Power (+1 skillpoint) can be duped, so you can max out your abilty tree for nearly every character pretty early on (as soon as you get one for that character), I think only Dorian doesn't get his until later in the game, and it's also missable. With all the pssive atrributes and passive buffs you get pretty strong real fast. Also if you craft an armour that can be used by all classes (are a few, plus silverite as main slot makes heavy armour usable by everyone), and stick a '+guard on hit' mod on it, you can dupe the armour and have everyone wear it, toughens everyone up.

Oh, last thing, if you've not done it yet, before you start Nightmare load your old save(s) at the furthest point and go to Skyhold undercroft (where you craft stuff), use the golden nug, it transfer schemetics and such to any new save (use the nug in the new save), so you can craft TIer 3/4 schematics early on, again making you stronger, even if use crappy materials they still beat Tier 1/2 schematics.  If you already started Nightmare you can still do this by loading old saves.

To be honest it's not very hard anyway.  Hope this helps.

Thank you. You gave great tips that should make nightmare much easier.

Around the Network
Neodegenerate said:
ghettoglamour said:

How the hell do you even get that strong? 145 DPS with what? A high end Assault Rifle I guess? Do you also have high ends on every piece of equipment?

I've been sitting at 80 DPS 57 health als 20 something skill for a long time with my superior gear, until I could grab me that high end SMG.

I could switch bonuses between gear, but you have like 50k more points across all 3 parameters, which seems pretty unreachable to me :s

I am 145 dps with the Vector blueprint.  I have power 31 high ends in all slots, and power 31 gear mods in all mod slots on my armors.  I think I have a total of 5 gear mod slots right now.

I blatantly farmed the hell out of the Bullet King glitch, and the Finch and Hornet glitches, to the point where I have had and spent at least a couple thousand Phoenix credits by now.  Buying up all the power 31 blueprints for armor pieces in DZ06 safe house and the base of ops was a huge help too.  My one issue right now is getting enough high end division tech to keep rolling new versions of the DZ06 stuff.

Lol I didn't even know there were lvl 31 high end gear pieces. You certainly seem ready for anything that might come.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

ghettoglamour said:
Neodegenerate said:

I am 145 dps with the Vector blueprint.  I have power 31 high ends in all slots, and power 31 gear mods in all mod slots on my armors.  I think I have a total of 5 gear mod slots right now.

I blatantly farmed the hell out of the Bullet King glitch, and the Finch and Hornet glitches, to the point where I have had and spent at least a couple thousand Phoenix credits by now.  Buying up all the power 31 blueprints for armor pieces in DZ06 safe house and the base of ops was a huge help too.  My one issue right now is getting enough high end division tech to keep rolling new versions of the DZ06 stuff.

Lol I didn't even know there were lvl 31 high end gear pieces. You certainly seem ready for anything that might come.

Yea they DZ06 Safe House and the Base of Ops vendors for specialty gear have the 31 stuff. Everyone else has the 30s.  You can also get level 31 drops from challenge mode bosses, but the given item in challenge mode is always 30.

With over a week to go until the incursion though I am finding myself having little to no reason to log on now aside from the daily challenges, so hopefully the 12th update gives more reasons than just the additional mission and DZ drops to be on.

VGC Trophy League 2016

VGC Trophy Leage Totals

VGC Platinum Leaderboard

Busiest Members

Latest Platinums

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Hoping to platinum The Division this week. 20 rogue agents is gonna be a pain though.

Around the Network

I made severe changes to the program logic, so feel free to check if your stats are displayed correctly and give me feedback. Enjoy!

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

ghettoglamour said:
I made severe changes to the program logic, so feel free to check if your stats are displayed correctly and give me feedback. Enjoy!

Looks like you did indeed beat me by a few hours in both First and Quickest on The Division platinum!  Well done!

Love the new look :)

jake_the_fake1 said:
Sigh, I'm ranked 85th for for 2016, I haven't been able to play any PS3 or PS4 games since a stupid storm took out both my Panasonic Plasma TV and PS4, and no I wasn't playing anything when the storm hit, in fact my TV and consoles were all turned off at the wall but it looks like the TV antenna cable must of charged up or something during the storm and some how killed my TV and then killed my PS4 via HDMI, my PS3 survived because it had a HDMI splitter that separated it from my TV.

Now I'm stuck right in the middle, do I wait for the PS4k since it seems to be real and pick up a 4k 1st gen Panasonic Oled TV (assuming it has low input lag and comes out this year) Or look towards fixing my 7 year old Plasma TV along with buying a PS4 power supply from Ifixit (though I can always trade it in to EBgames since they take dead units).

I think I might bite the bullet and just hold off from spending money, may as well save until I know how much a Panasonic 4k Oled will cost as well as how much the PS4k will actually cost, I guess there is always time to fix my stuff if the other things are way to expensive.

Damn that really sucks. Sorry to hear that happened... even when all your gear was turned off. Scary. Did you have your HDTV/PS4 plugged into a high joule surge protector and/or a UPS?

Not sure how easy is it to install a PS4 power supply, but I would likely go that route myself since PS4K probably won't hit until 2017. I had my PS3 power supply fail and I was easily able to fix it after buying a replacement for $15 on eBay and watching a youtube video. I see the PS4 power supplies go for $35-$40 on eBay.

Also I'd call Panasonic and see if they can send out a repairman or at least get a quote to make your decision. You may be looking at only $150-$250 to fix your HDTV. Could be a good idea to repair it anways so that if your new set ever fails you can fall back immediately to your plasma.

I'm really excited to own a 4K OLED set myself with all the new dolby vision features (High dynamic range/expanded color gamut). Hope the input lag will be low on those sets. However, the new LG 65-inch is priced at $8,000 so they're still way, way out of my price range. Absolute most I'd be willing to spend right now would be half that so looks like it will be quite a while before I can afford a 65 inch. Will have to keep an eye on the new Panasonics. I like Panasonic better than LG. Wish Sony would get back into the OLED market. For now I'll stick to my 1080p Sony 55W900A. Didn't go with 4K two years ago because I knew A) PS4 couldn't display it, B) barely any 4k content was available, C) the 4K spec was not yet finalized, and D) the input lag on the 4k's I saw were at least double to triple that of the W900A (19ms). Also can't believe it took the movie industry over 2 years to get 4K blurays out. That might have swayed me more on a 4k set if movies were available then. 

How do you guys feel about the Playstation VR?

Personally I'm thrilled to try out a new gaming experience with head tracking. As long as it doesn't turn into a puke machine and I get motion sickness. lol.

I like the idea of full immersion with the screen filling your peripheral vision.
Read that with the distance to your eyes it's the equivalent of a 225 inch HDTV screen. Incredible.

Saw that all games will be required to be 60fps to avoid motion sickness. Games will have intensity ratings.
And that 12 years old or younger are not recommended to play - probably due to their eye development.

Finally, saw Shuhei Yoshida was asked about Cinema Mode, saying "Cinematic Mode is great if you want to be fully immersed with a big screen, not great if you want to see graphical details (loses resolutions)."
Here's the website where I got that info: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/category/ps4-virtual-reality-headset/

Looks like the 1st gen of VR headsets won't be replacing HDTVs quite yet.
We'll see, I'm definitely intrigued. Like to know your guys thoughts.