By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstation Controllers

PS controller is definately the best. The analogs are perfect - the 360 controller screws me up when aiming in FPS titles. This, however as stated above, is preference.

The d-pad alone is the biggest reason that the PS controller is better than the 360. Fighting games and games in general where specific 1-direction movements are important are far easier to coordinate with the PS d-pad.

And I don't really understand the 'the controller is too small' argument. I have huge hands..like probably just as big as, if not bigger than, anyones in here. Literally, I have bigger hands than anyone I know..and I prefer the PS controller over the 360 controller.

Which is odd if I think about it. Last gen, I preferred the larger XBOX controllers over the smaller ones because they fit in my hands a lot better. Maybe the design of the PS controller is such that hand size doesn't matter? I don't know..but I've never held a controller that felt more comfortable in my hands than a PS controller.

Also..the triggers - whats wrong with them? I don't have a problem with them at all..maybe I'm crazy.

Around the Network

Can't say I find it too small, it fits my hands nicely (unless the sixaxis/DS3 is smaller than the DS2 anyway) and I have quite big hands. My main problem with them is I don't like the analogue sticks. (position nor the circular holes they run in, also they are not quite as accurate as others, at least PS1/2 aren't, not sure about PS3)

i find the 360 controllers awkward because of the left analog, its too high up

Initiating social expirement #928719281

needs analog sticks moved slightly with the dpad.. and made larger ... trigers and not that weird soft hybrid lower shoulder button

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

TWRoO said:
Can't say I find it too small, it fits my hands nicely (unless the sixaxis/DS3 is smaller than the DS2 anyway) and I have quite big hands.

I have well above average sized hands (goes well with my length 1.98m) and the controller fits my hands well, the same goes for my girlfriend's small tender hands.

I am not bothered by the standard PS3 controllers, I think it's very good, I however disliked the 360's assymetric analog stick configuration. IMO ergonomicly a bad choice (actually IMO a pretty weird choice), my gf and kid sister also got cramps from the 360 controller. I like the Playstation D-Pad better as well.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

I prefer the PS3 controller, but if Sony and M$ had not mucked up parts of their controller, I prefer the shape of the Xbox one so that would probably win.

However, I prefer the PS button for some reason, but I just think the face buttons and d-pad are just a billion times better, though the triggers and the analogue sticks on the Xbox ones are better, stuff like rechargeable batteries not being included are just a little annoying

Phrancheyez said:
The d-pad alone is the biggest reason that the PS controller is better than the 360. Fighting games and games in general where specific 1-direction movements are important are far easier to coordinate with the PS d-pad.

Wow, just wow...I know the d-pad on the 360 controller sucks(I don't really use it any 360 games though), but the PS controller d-pad is almost as bad. It's terrible for fighting games. I bought myself an arcade joystick(http://www.hori.jp/products/ps2/controller/realarc_pro2_sa/ ) for my PS1/PS2 because I like fighting games/shooters and the PS pad is awful for them. Now if you wanted a great control pad for the PS for games that don't use the analog sticks then this ( http://www.shoryuken.com/?page_id=52 ) would probably be the ultimate pad to use. (I want one!)

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

@ smbu, really? the d-pad may not be as good as something like the joystick, but I still think it is accurate and work effectively, and it is certainly a million miles better than the 360's one

Munkeh111 said:
@ smbu, really? the d-pad may not be as good as something like the joystick, but I still think it is accurate and work effectively, and it is certainly a million miles better than the 360's one

Oh yeah, I went from a SNES pad(not bad) to a Genesis 6 button controller(pretty good) to a Sega Saturn controller(really, really awesome!) and then I got my PS1 (pales in comparison to the Saturn controller). There is no analog on the Saturn controller, but for capcom/snk fighters, etc. it isn't necessary. I prefer using a SNES pad over the PS pad.

Like I said the 360's d-pad is terrible, but for fighting and shooting(old school ones) games on the 360 I use an XFPS adapter to hook-up my PS2 arcade joystick. Though, I wouldn't mind using a Saturn pad on there if I could.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Played_Out said:
Throughout history, every device that has incorporated a trigger mechanism has had concave triggers... until the Sixaxis.

The problems caused by the ridiculous convex trigger design were so widespread that 3rd parties began to sell concave triggers that clip over the original ones. Unfortunately, they come off far too easily and cost way too much for a tiny lump of plastic.

Sony had the opportunity to remedy the problem with the release of the Dualshock 3, but instead decided that they were right and LITERALLY EVERYBODY ELSE IN HISTORY was wrong.

Controller too small? That's a matter of personal preference.
Asymmetrical analog sticks? That's a matter of personal preference.*
Concave triggers? That's a matter of COMMON SENSE.

$100 to any person that can give me 1 good reason for having convex triggers.

*@koopatrooper
If you get pains from the position of the left analog stick, why don't you get pains from the position of the right analog stick? The sticks are symmetrical and, presumably, so are your hands. Unless one of your hands is a wanking claw, your argument seems to defy logic.

Concave analog sticks are also a problem.

When the stick is turned to one side, the concave tip would increase the angle the stick is turned.

A convex tip would level out the stick and make it feel much balanced.

P.S. The stick becomes greatly slippery when the rubber becomes worn off, then the stick has very little grip on it.

Just like all those boutiques which everyone plays on at EB games or BEstBuy/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!