By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie Fils-Aime: "There is plenty on the horizon for the core gamer"

"   Just watched the interview on G4 with Reggie, here are some interesting things he said:

- The wii balance board will work well with different kinds of games that require balance, such as skateboarding and surfing type games. (it's good to know that nintendo is thinking the same way as us on teh intarweb)

- Besides the 4 major games coming out in the near future (MP3, SMG, SSBB, MKW), there are plenty of games for the "core gamer" that they are working on.

- Nintendo isn't abandoning the hardcore market to go totally casual, they are just trying to broaden to a new audience while still focusing on making great games for the "core gamer".

"

taken from gamefaqs

Switch Friend Code - 3664 - 9964 - 9777

Smash Ultimate Alias - Happy Lion

Mains: Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong

Around the Network

Too bad the minions of competing consoles fail to see this - at all.

In before "but they aren't making the games that i want!"

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Doesn't he understand, to satisfy the hardcore you need endless high budget FPS shooters and expensive graphics. Anything else and you've forsaken the hardcore audience. Oh yeah, you must also have a Sony emblem on all your products as well.

How aren't they making the games that you want? They are making Brawl, Galaxy, and Metroid. Along with a flurry of other huge titles this year. If those games don't appeal to you than even back in the Gamecube days Nintendo wasn't for you. Nintendo isn't abandoning the hardcore, the hardcore abandoned Nintendo. They just aren't gonna go third party to make you happy. Nintendo spent the last two generations making the best games in existence and that wasn't good enough for you, so what the heck do you expect them to do now?

Around the Network

Sadly SSBB is about the only one that would make me rush to the store to get a Wii. Everybody is different, but I've lost interest in a lot of the Nintendo characters that really define many of the quality Nintendo games. Every now and then I'd play them. Unless of course I'm seeing them beat the crap out of each other in SSBB, that game is going to rock!

your mother said:
Too bad the minions of competing consoles fail to see this - at all.

nonono, it's not "too bad".  it's a good thing, if you're a nintendo supporter.  that means sony andmicrosoft will think that their games are continually getting support, and won't shift as much resources to to the casual gaming department.  and nintendo just keeps expanding its market share among casual gamers, bring in more 3rd part development, and eventually, you'll have the Wii at where the DS is today--the perfect platform for both the "hardcore" and the "casual".

next thought... 

sony and microsoft are caught in a bind; neither can abandon the hardcore gamer because if you do, the other party swoops and captures market share.  it's gonna be a death march.  yet because of this, theyr can't as easily shift resources to making casual games, as nintendo has done--exactly why people are criticizing nintendo.  sony is in a worse position than microsoft, since the PS3 strategy is completely dependent on capturing the hardcore market.  they must now follow through and hope their superior technology and hardcore games will at least deliever themselves a victory over microsoft, and hopefully recuperate their investment in the PS3.

people should realize that nintendo IS being bad to the Hardcore.  they're trying to distance themselves from the established games.  this means fewer offerings for them, so why shouldn't they be angry?

it's a TOTALLY LEGITIMATE concern.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Nintendo has more Hardcore games in the tube than it has for any other time period and the amount of games that it is making for the new casual audience pales in comparison. The hardcore are just whiny and short sighted. They haven't come out with one piece of evidence showing any kind of a shift. Nintendo has just increased the amount of developers and gave the casual area the shitty developers. hasn't anyone else noticed that Wii play has games that are the equivelant of pong?

IllegalPaladin said:
Sadly SSBB is about the only one that would make me rush to the store to get a Wii. Everybody is different, but I've lost interest in a lot of the Nintendo characters that really define many of the quality Nintendo games. Every now and then I'd play them. Unless of course I'm seeing them beat the crap out of each other in SSBB, that game is going to rock!

Yep, to each his own. I really applaud your attitude, Paladin, as its something I think everyone here -- Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft fan -- can learn from. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Sadly, it IS typical Nintendo. Too secretive for its own good. Hence, why there is always all the doubt.