By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Still Searching for "Defining" Title !!!!

That is what I love about the PS brand. It has never been defined by one game and or genre. I think that is why the Playstation's were so successful. Sony knows how to please ALL manners of people instead of just a small section. MS has shooters, Nintendo has the kiddies, Sony has them all.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network
LOL MATURE said:
jenny said:
Grand Theft Auto 3 and Final Fantasy were the defining games of the PS2! Dont be fooled. Everyone thought of those two titles as "Playstion" games.

Uh... didn't GTA3 come out on the xbox.... I didn't think of it as a playstation game.

LOL smart one. GTA3 came out on the Xbox after the 4 year exclusivity contract with Sony was over (From the PS2 launch). It was in a box set feautring GTA3 and Vice City.

Im glad that he mentioned that LBP could be the defining title.

At first I thought he was just trashing on the Playstation, but I think he was talking about having a unique title that became very successful without alot of hype.

So really I guess GEOW, Halo and MGS4 dont count? But I would say that they define their representitve consoles so far.

Maybe this fall will shake things up with Fable 2 and LBP.

You can all say what you want, but the most consistant face for the PS3 has been MGS4. 3rd party games all day!

forevercloud3000 said:
That is what I love about the PS brand. It has never been defined by one game and or genre. I think that is why the Playstation's were so successful. Sony knows how to please ALL manners of people instead of just a small section. MS has shooters, Nintendo has the kiddies, Sony has them all.

Actually, Nintendo is appealing to the broadest demographic right now.  It would seem to me that right now, Sony and Microsoft are both appealing to the same hardcore crowd.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network
MasterZack said:
It will be Little Big Planet, God of War is only for hard core gamers.

The PS console class is mainly hardcore oriented.

And GoW is for non gamers as well. My friend's cousin, for example. He only plays GoW and PES.

PS was never mainly hardcore oriented, Casual gamers were buying PS2 like the Wii today, and there were always great numbers of casual games. It had great balance something that the PS3 is lacking.

And i dont think LBP will be that title, i'm still not convinced by this game , it will be popular and sell well but im not sure that game will define the PS3, i'm not sure PS3 needs a defining title, at the moment it needs better overall library of games (and this is slowly coming).

Xen said:
MasterZack said:
It will be Little Big Planet, God of War is only for hard core gamers.

The PS console class is mainly hardcore oriented.

And GoW is for non gamers as well. My friend's cousin, for example. He only plays GoW and PES.

There are not 130m hardcore gamers

Playstation never had a defining title and probably never will

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

@S.T.A.G.E.

The problem with relying on 3rd party is that things like DMC4, FFXIII, SO4, DQ9, GTA4, etc. happen... You can't rely on 3rd party, they'll swing where the money is, and that means getting it from the interested company, or the public... Microsoft is doing everything it can to beat Sony, even in Japan where they have no chance (and they're no shy saying it out loud) And because of that, Sony has lost what made the PS2 succesful...