By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - OMG no cut price for Europe, BUT Starter Pack

BenKenobi88 said:
Shambolic said:

Celb- The EU is a super power. And every parliament has bs, although if you are American I have to say I'm both surprised and impressed your news covers such matters.

Oh yeah!

Because we Americans don't know anything, and are oblivious to the outside world!

I'm sick of the popular thing being making fun of Americans...sure there's tons of fat, stupid people over here...I could point and laugh at plenty of things about other countries as well...

And I bet a majority of foreigners don't know how our government or justice system works either...I don't go laughing at them about it...

It wasn't a comment making fun of Americans. I genuinely was surprised that the American news covered such matters. We get your news channels in Europe and it seems very American centric with little cover of world events.

Sure there's the stereotype of Americans not knowing what goes on outside the US but I wasn't referring to that at all. 

American politics and justice is actually fairly well covered in the UK news so we do have a fair understanding of it.

Around the Network

Hello

Libellule, we wont have to wait for the 1st augustus to have the pack, my wholesalers already have it in stock and i can officially sell it from the 16 June.

Bye.

Ps: playfrance is not an official playstation site. :)

Zones : I still don't understand all the love for Blizzard, what was the last game they developed worth playing?

on Sky in the UK we get CNN, ABC and even ....FOX!

I can say that FOX is interesting entertainment but they present everything like hollywood, sometimes with amazingly bad taste imo.

The UK isn't very european, and as independent as possible, but the Europeans were joining together and we had to have a plan....and THIS is it.

Yes, Minister Quote from the late 1970's :

Well back on topic, i think the starter pack is far better then the extra 20gigs of space...but on the other hand

It costs £246.080 (+tax) in the US to buy the 60gig version and £425 in the UK.
Not very good to say the least as we are the 3rd biggest gaming nation in the world you would think they would treat us just a little better.

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

we wont have to wait for the 1st augustus to have the pack, my wholesalers already have it in stock and i can officially sell it from the 16 June.

==> I saied it on 1 of my last post but I should edit the first post

playfrance is not an official playstation site. :)

==> really ?, I thought.

Time to Work !

Bad move from Sony, because of Resistance, since it's 18+ (ESRB rating M equals to PEGI 18+) and Sony doesn't have another hit to replace Resistance.
If they had made that bundle for 600 (690 in Finland), and not bundled version for 500, it would have been better.

@Starcraft: EU just few weeks ago decided that EU countries have to tighten the control in selling 18+ rated games to minors.

@Celb: I agree, idiots run the EU. They don't have any idea of what's reality.
Anyway, EU doesn't try to be a super power, it doesn't have the potential to it in a couple decades, because of it being shattered multinational contract. But it is financial super power.
Things in Germany are things in Germany. In fact, Germany tried to get all violent games banned from whole EU, but it failed. Instead EU decided that each country has right to ban or set restrictions for selling them.
Germany also has other stupid attempts, they tried to get Nazi-symbols banned from whole EU, and in some countries (Germany included) it's illegal to deny holocaust (not to mention that Germany tried to make it illegal in whole EU). You see, even that Germany is the biggest EU country, it doesn't decide things in EU (it's about 16% of the population).

@Ben: Go ahead and laugh at people, who doesn't know how your justice system and government works, since people who know how they work, laugh at them. :D

@El Duderino: I have to admit, that i don't know everything from america, espicially from things in South-American countries. But good post to calm down flaming, before it even starts.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network
StarcraftManiac said:
Celb said:
Shido said:
I feel sorry for Europeans, I don't understand why they always get screwed, they will in the next generations biggest market trust me.

nahh, the idiots running the "eu" will make sure that never happens.

Imagaine gaming in all of Eu as its in Germany, games getting banned left and right.

idiots running the 'eu'?!... U kiddin me right?! First look at your leader man... Bush (Pff hahaha)... Yeesh... U don't know no shit about the EU... Cause it has so much different countries!... Our governements actually do something to save the environement. Our leaders aren't all about oil!... Like Bush. We don't have those prisoncamps like Guantanamo Bay And our leaders don't attack The whole middle east just to get oil and then saying the place is full of muslimterrorists (Al-Quaeda isn't everywhere... It's just a really small group... Not even 0.01% of the population!)... Which it obviously isn't. I'd fight back if someone invaded my country... So would you! And so are they!... Try to look whats behind the biased American media... It's not always like they say it is.

Btw: Just giving my opinion based on facts... U can disagree with me but try to answer in a polite way . Meaning: Base your opinions on facts!

Don't let patriotism take you away in your feelings...

Despite being a European myself, I must self criticize a bit... The 2 world wars, various massacres and genocides, most extreme cases of racism, Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin etc are all products of us Europeans, right? I am mostly of Slavic origin and I can still vividly remember the incidents in Former Yugoslavia and Kosovo. But did we Europeans do anything but watch? I am lucky to have been travelled quite a lot all around Europe and several parts of the world, including America for a long time, and I can comfortably say that We Europeans are probably the most conservative, selfish, close-minded and prejudiced people on earth with great issues of -undercover- racism. I dont like saying that but truth hurts.

My own father is a great example!!! He refused to believe me for what I have been telling him about my experiences after my visits to MiddleEastern countries. He has such a fake and prepostrous image that no matter how hard I tried to vividly tell him what the facts are, he constantly denied it and preferred to believe the absurd freaking images in his mind rather than the stark truth that I have been telling him.

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

bdbdbd said:
Bad move from Sony, because of Resistance, since it's 18+ (ESRB rating M equals to PEGI 18+) and Sony doesn't have another hit to replace Resistance.

The box art in Switzerland clearly shows Motorstorm and Formula One CE as the two games, so Sony is obviously aware of that fact..

bdbdbd- The forced inclusion of Resistance really is a strange choice, game stores in the UK are pretty strict about not selling to underage customers, they risk fines and ending up in court.

Not to mention the parents who don't want their kids playing an 18 rated game.

I really don't understand their thinking behind this move.

@drkohler: You're right, but two driving games in same bundle? It does appeal to people who like driving games, but not so good to others.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

So whats gonna happen to the PS3 standalone units then?

And I agree, having an 18+ game in the bundle will alienate younger players and having a bundle with 2 racers is pretty crap for people who don't like racers.  I wonder if they will do bundles with games other than Sony homemade games.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)