By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - OMG no cut price for Europe, BUT Starter Pack

http://www.playfrance.com/news-e3-2007-le-starter-pack-se-confirme-644785.html

from the official french playstation website

little translation :

"PlayStation 3 Starter Pack" for europe suppose to be release the 1st August,

PS3 60gb + 2 sixaxis paddle + Resistance Fal of Men + Motorstorm for 600 euros (actual PS3 price)

Comments :

I still consider that a true classic price cut will be better

but since they may NOT be able to do it right now,  they are making an special offer.

The big question is : Will we be able to get the PS3 alone ? If yes, at which price ? 500 euros ?

If it is YES!, sony move will be ok, because it will be 100 euros price cut

If it is NO!, then no price cut for europe, then probability to improve the sales are low. Bad move.

It is like if Sony "give" u 2 games that u dont want to buy right now ! (europe wants PES2008 and GTA4)

Time to Work !

Around the Network

France or all Pal ?

60Gb PS3 bundles only ? or not ?

80GGB PS3 will replace 60GB ?

I feel sorry for Europeans, I don't understand why they always get screwed, they will in the next generations biggest market trust me.

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d 

Shido said:
I feel sorry for Europeans, I don't understand why they always get screwed, they will in the next generations biggest market trust me.

nahh, the idiots running the "eu" will make sure that never happens.

Imagaine gaming in all of Eu as its in Germany, games getting banned left and right.

Excellent job Sony, keep Europe feel like we're getting screwed compared to the rest of the world.

The problem is people balk at the initial price tag, that is what you have to change to move a significant number of consoles.

If this is true then Sony just handed the 360 quite a number of sales when GTA IV comes out.

Around the Network

@Celb, do you even know anything about the EU?

It suppose to be for Europe only, but whole europe, not only france.

I dont know if the classic 60gb version alone will still be available (I truly hope for sales) and at which price (hope 500 euros)

SCEE will make an official annoucement.

Time to Work !

Why is everyone surprised? The system just came out there, there's no gonna be a price cut yet.

This pack is a mighty fine offer though compared to the former price of the console alone...

I mean two games and two controllers, you are telling me this is not generous?

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Uma said:
@Celb, do you even know anything about the EU?

i hear about the Bs every day on the news.

they are taking it to far, desperatly want to become a super power.  They are ruinging the individualty of the Eu nations. 

at the end of the day, Eu will fail.

cklmb,

In europe, whatever the console is new or not, people are waiting for a price drop for the PS3.

That is all.

you re right, the 600 euros offer is great when u have the money (hey, I am just asking myself to take one PS3 lol). But a lot of people are waiting for a price drop to buy one. So if there is no classic offer with price drop : PS3 60 gb alone at 500 euros, sales will not improve.

Time to Work !